Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sportline splitter added

Looks good but then I might be biased!
Fog lights are an easy fit with the genuine sportline bumper as the blanks just clip in place, getting them to work is a bit harder. Got mine working as cornering lights but apparently my BCM is not compatible with fog lights :headbang

e3b0f0a83c6ede6c6812710bd9418819.jpg

I’ve been pondering this for ages and never got it done because I expected a much larger bill. Finally had a sport line splitter added and wow it transformed my t5. Wish I had done it sooner.

Hope I don’t get the bug, I always said once the warranty runs out I’ll start changing things.

38fabdb93069feddf4a0f243e3fa054d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It really sets off the front of the van, I ordered one when I bought my van.

Looks great @MattBW! Did you spray the mirror caps too?
Yeah I have the mirrors sprayed in a Seat colour its a green blue that changes with the light and never seems to look the same twice. I also have a streamer fitted behind the zunsport grill in the same colour. :)

Looks good but then I might be biased!
Fog lights are an easy fit with the genuine sportline bumper as the blanks just clip in place, getting them to work is a bit harder. Got mine working as cornering lights but apparently my BCM is not compatible with fog lights :headbang
Fogs will definitely be something to add in the near future, I did hear you can sometimes get lucky and have a BCM for turning lights but its expensive if you have the wrong one. I may just get non cornering ones :)

Argh...….

Now got me thinking, do I add the Sportline front spoiler and go for the matt black sportline wheels as well? Sell the existing wheels?

full

Very nice Matt, looks great! £350 seems a great price and looks really modern, and that reception is amazing!!!

Argh...….

Now got me thinking, do I add the Sportline front spoiler and go for the matt black sportline wheels as well? Sell the existing wheels?

full
Unfortunately the matt black Sportline wheels are no longer available Oem, copies are on ebay.
I managed to get one of the last sets a couple of years ago which now sit on my black panel van.

I found a VW accessory place selling geninue Matt black ones for around £545. Wife has given the nod of approval so need to find someone down South to fit and paint the spoiler.

Van next to me has them on with 235/50. I had it in my mind 255 but that may be due to my Landrover

I found a VW accessory place selling geninue Matt black ones for around £545. Wife has given the nod of approval so need to find someone down South to fit and paint the spoiler.
Have u a link ?
Smg were adamant they were discontinued.

Matt where did you buy the spoiler from? Wheelbase also cheaper for the wheels. Although not sure if they include centre caps?

@pjm-84 it was from Hinckley Bodyworks WRX, painted and fitted. Guys name is Matt. He took my paint code and pre-prepared it.

VW motor parts
I contacted Vw Motor Parts and got the following reply :-
Hi, Thank you for your enquiry, Volkswagen have indeed discontinued this line as they only supply the T6 Sportline Alloy which is now made in the Far East.

The Genuine Sportline T5 and T5.1 Alloy Wheels were always manufactured by a UK Factory for Volkswagen. This is the only Factory allowed to manufacture the Genuine Sportline T5 and T5.1 alloys, and we deal directly with the factory.

We only supply Genuine Volkswagen parts, these Genuine Sportline Alloy wheels are supplied direct from the factory and still have the original VW part numbers embossed in the casting along with the individual load rating.

We hold stock of this wheel and is available on a 1-2 day delivery dependant on time of order

Hope this helps

Regards

Mark Pitt
Sales Advisor

A good find pjm-84

I will probably buy another set of these when the rubber on my Davenports wears down.

:thumb

this is the front of mine. Factory supply and fit sportline front spoiler. I also added the lower splitter and swapped out the foglight surrounds for the honey comb ones to match my lower grill.

IMG_1033.jpg

Wheelbase ignored my question concerning if their wheel offering was genuine or not but did confirm that the centre caps were included but these were aftermarket.

VW want £700 for supply and fitment of a genuine spoiler.

Wheels and tyres ordered. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get in touch with Matt at Hinckley WRX. (Half term?)

Back