MattBW

MattBW

Here to help
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
e3b0f0a83c6ede6c6812710bd9418819.jpg

I’ve been pondering this for ages and never got it done because I expected a much larger bill. Finally had a sport line splitter added and wow it transformed my t5. Wish I had done it sooner.

Hope I don’t get the bug, I always said once the warranty runs out I’ll start changing things.

38fabdb93069feddf4a0f243e3fa054d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

e3b0f0a83c6ede6c6812710bd9418819.jpg

I’ve been pondering this for ages and never got it done because I expected a much larger bill. Finally had a sport line splitter added and wow it transformed my t5. Wish I had done it sooner.

Hope I don’t get the bug, I always said once the warranty runs out I’ll start changing things.

38fabdb93069feddf4a0f243e3fa054d.jpg

Looks great why wait for the warranty to run out.

I must admit the facelift T6 still hasn't grown on me.

Waited just to avoid any challenge in case of any issues but probably need not have for this update.

We had that done to our SE best thing we did looks really smart, I would like to do it to our T6 beach but it just doesn't look right to me :(

I always thought I would regret getting one of the last of the T5.1s but in reality its been a good decision, the cost of the equivilent T6 Beach is considerably higher than I paid for not a lot of changes.

As a friend at JLR tells me it takes time for shape changes to settle with the public, lines soften over time and maybe we will grow to love the ABT in that way, same with the very wide lower grills?

Last edited:
I always thought I would regret getting one of the last of the T5.1s but in reality its been a good decision, the cost of the equivilent T6 Beach is considerably higher than I paid for not a lot of changes.

As a friend at JLR tells me it takes time for shape changes to settle with the public, lines soften over time and maybe we will grow to love the ABT in that way same with the very wide lower grills?

I must admit I like the inside of the T6 but still prefer the outside of the T5.1 especially the front I like the fact the Sportline and ABT splitters look like they belong unlike the equivalent T6 variants which look like they are afterthoughts and thrown on from across the yard. I also like the DRL replacement panels on the T5.1 incorporate that with bi-xenon's I think look great.

Looks great Matt, what's the cost please and did VW do it? Cheers

It cost me £350 fully painted and fitted, he also did a respray of my rear bumper which someone had dinged. The place was Hinckley Body WRX in Leicestershire. He pre-painted the parts and I just drove in and out basically after fitting. My rear was basically exchanged with my old bumper.

Lovely guy and very passionate which is why I went there.

In fact he has converted a left hand slider with all VW parts to a full California Beach. Looked so factory inside but the door on the other side. He said it was a right nightmare to do haha. You may have seen it in one of the magazines.

It cost me £350 fully painted and fitted, he also did a respray of my rear bumper which someone had dinged. The place was Hinckley Body WRX in Leicestershire. He pre-painted the parts and I just drove in and out basically after fitting. My rear was basically exchanged with my old bumper.

Its good when you find someone that cares and takes pride in their work.

Thanks for that, nice job. Did you go with the OEM or a replica?

I believe it's OEM but will be honest I'm not 100% sure. He did say as I don't have fogs it will make it easier to fit later with an OEM and he does get the VW stock in. The replicas can apparently be a pain to get the required access if you fit after.

Some after markets ones are fiberglass and don't fit as good as OEM, Plus as said fog lights.

eb81d1218b79d9fd070d99ede796a25c.jpg

Loved their reception too

I’ve seen their stuff on Facebook.
Nice to know somewhere localish for body repairs:thumb

Yeah its not good is it, Ive never looked at one that closely. The T5 one is put on over the top too but it seems a little less obvious.

T6 Sportline bumper looks like a dog with a stick in its mouth. My opinion entirely, and no offence intended to the T6 ers who have them fitted of course. :D

I quite like it :sorry

That's good, as its personal choice :thumb. I am not a fan which is disappointing as I do like to mod the Cali.
If the ABT one was better I would consider that but again a backwards step in design, and like you a personal view.

I will fit a Maxton as my last van, which has the benefit of being a lot cheaper, no need to paint, I can fit it on my drive, it dose not cause me issues while driving on to levelling ramps and Comfort insurance are happy with it (not saying the other two options mentioned would raise eyebrows at comfort) merely a statement.

Yeah its not good is it, Ive never looked at one that closely. The T5 one is put on over the top too but it seems a little less obvious.
I believe you have to adapt/extend the Front Towing eye as it is too short otherwise.

Back