Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Squeaky Cali

Miles Porter

Miles Porter

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Morning - our 2018 Cali Ocean has developed an annoying squeak going over bumps. I think it’s somewhere around sliding door towards back end. I have used silicon spray without any luck - doesn’t sound like suspension......sounds higher up. Any suggestions will be much appreciated - I can of course turn up the radio however I keep turning down to see if squeak is still there....driving me crazy. :thumb

So many possibilities!
You really need someone in the back to locate. Very difficult to tell where a rattle is coming from from the drivers seat.
For me the tailgate & chairs are most prolific squeekers and could easily sound like the back of the sliding door.

Morning - our 2018 Cali Ocean has developed an annoying squeak going over bumps. I think it’s somewhere around sliding door towards back end. I have used silicon spray without any luck - doesn’t sound like suspension......sounds higher up. Any suggestions will be much appreciated - I can of course turn up the radio however I keep turning down to see if squeak is still there....driving me crazy. :thumb
Give the awning a tap. Wind out a few feet and close it again. But dont overtighten as it can strip the plastic gears.

I'm sorry to have to say this but odd squeaks and rattles are fairly common place in these vehicles. Once you've tracked down one and cured it, another will pop up. Some are easy to diagnose and fix whilst others are almost impossible to locate.

Often they are caused by the contents, so if all else fails empty the van and see if it persists. Whenever I've had these problems in the past I've asked our eldest son to travel in the back and listen for the noise. He is mechanically minded and so far has found the issues that annoyed me, e.g a rattling rear window blind.

I repeatedly reported one rattle to our dealer but after several attempts and some new parts the result was no different. They also gave me the impression that their hearts weren't in the job! There's only so much time they are prepared to spend on dificult to diagnose, Warranty items like this.

Try to record the details of speed, road type, location and conditions when the rattle is at its worse, e.g low speed, single track road with poor surface. Then you should be able to recreate the same conditions for when you have an assistant. Those little sticky backed felt pads are very useful for stopping rattles but also eliminating potential sources.

Common sources are:
Window blinds
Awning
Sliding door

Good luck.

Thanks all - I have tried all usual suspects without any luck. Have removed chairs, tables and other loose items and still it squeaks. Might do a full empty this weekend.

We have a new Beach and have a number of squeaks and rattles I need to fix.
1. Awning rattle-fixable with £12 part from club shop, annoying on such a vehicle doesn't say much for VW quality control.
2. Rattle from stowed table.
3. Squeak from rear end when driving in slow city traffic which I suspect is rear suspension bushes.
One way to check is open tailgate and push down on rear end.
VW build quality average, nowhere near as good as Toyota!

We have a new Beach and have a number of squeaks and rattles I need to fix.
1. Awning rattle-fixable with £12 part from club shop, annoying on such a vehicle doesn't say much for VW quality control.
2. Rattle from stowed table.
3. Squeak from rear end when driving in slow city traffic which I suspect is rear suspension bushes.
One way to check is open tailgate and push down on rear end.
VW build quality average, nowhere near as good as Toyota!
Awning bought in from Thule as are the parts bought from Shop. New awnings have that part fitted I believe.
Make sure the kitchen table has engaged the lock properly. When sliding into storage position push middle of table towards kitchen.
Squeaky suspension bushes should stop squeaking in wet weather in my experience, and we've had enough of that recently.

So, think I have resolved squeak gate.....it was either the spring in rear of sliding door which took a big dose of silicon spray.....or the wind out awning tool under bench seat was not sitting flush so was pressing in the side of the drawer, so metal on metal. Can’t confirm which one worked, however I have a quiet Cali again. Nice clean this afternoon as a reward

Back