Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Stand up - Paddle boarding

I read somewhere that the male brain needs around 30 hours on the board and longer if you are on the heavy side,

As most of the hour I had was spent off the board, trying to get back on, it will take me some time to get to a whole 30 hours on the board!! :D

Persevere with it, and practice on canals if you can. Apart from bring good beginner spots with no waves, they usually have pubs!

I did actually quite enjoy the experience, or at least the thought of it, so will give it another go. The promise of pubs is all the motivation I need!!

This seems to be a suitable thread for asking how much a 12v pump will drain the leisure battery. Has anyone given it a go? Pumps drop in price while I get lazier over time.. pondering a purchase.

This seems to be a suitable thread for asking how much a 12v pump will drain the leisure battery. Has anyone given it a go? Pumps drop in price while I get lazier over time.. pondering a purchase.
I used to use one of those jump packs to charge my one it was supposed to be a 14AH battery inside (if you believe the specs). It would allow me to pump up 2 large paddle boards before is ran out, there was a little left still. So at a guess 6AH used per board. The California has 2 x 75ah batteries (for our T5 SE anyway) so I guess each board maybe 4% of the leisure batteries total.
BUT we stopped using it because it's really noisy and quite slow maybe 15mins per board, so noisy for a long time. I can pump one up in less than 10 mins with much less noise, but it does make me sweat after the second one !

I used to use one of those jump packs to charge my one it was supposed to be a 14AH battery inside (if you believe the specs). It would allow me to pump up 2 large paddle boards before is ran out, there was a little left still. So at a guess 6AH used per board. The California has 2 x 75ah batteries (for our T5 SE anyway) so I guess each board maybe 4% of the leisure batteries total.
BUT we stopped using it because it's really noisy and quite slow maybe 15mins per board, so noisy for a long time. I can pump one up in less than 10 mins with much less noise, but it does make me sweat after the second one !
Agree with Steve - we have an electric pump that came "free" with our Bluefins - it's slow and noisy and we can use the three chamber pump to do the work in 1/2 the time. TBH I cant imaging it's a huge drain on the batteries and even so would be charged back up quick enough on the journey back from the beach.

Get a double (or triple) chamber manual pump. Its part of the warm up!

We use the below:

Back