Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Startled during the night

inthemidnighthour

inthemidnighthour

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
having been a Cali owner for 7 years and now on our second , I thought I knew most things about them
However
Parked up for 2 weeks in the South of France nose of the Cali only 3 metres away from the Mediterranean blisteringly hot,I noticed late last night one side of the roof had sagged about an inch and mentioned to Lisa that I would need to start up and raise the roof again the next morning
Middle of the night we were woken by the roof motor raising the roof on its own
Not only another great unknown feature but also a great way to frighten the crap out of us both
Chilling again near St Tropez
Dave and Lisa

I did read that if you raise the roof just before you go to bed, it won’t go into automatic mode until the next morning. There’s a thread about it somewhere.

Christine comes to mind......

I did read that if you raise the roof just before you go to bed, it won’t go into automatic mode until the next morning. There’s a thread about it somewhere.
Just switch Ignition On/Off. Hydraulic pressure is checked 10 hrs after Ignition Off and thereafter every ? 5hrs.

It happened to us for the first time on holiday this year. We wondered what on earth was happening when the motor started up in the night! We looked in the manual the next morning (and read threads on here) and saw it was normal.