Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

first time in 2 years heating on all night

inthemidnighthour

inthemidnighthour

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
Hi all

had the cali nearly 2 years now and have just returned from a weekend in the cali , friday night as usual in the winter i just set the heater program for a couple of hours in the morning
last night decided to run heater all night ,only on 2, as temps freezing.What a great night sleep,temperature just right and silent operation.
Just wondered if many leave the heater on all night ?

dave and lisa

I have mine programmed to go on at I then have it also programmed 10.30pm, when I slink in from dinner, if going out, and turning itself off at 1am after I've fallen asleep reading in bed.

I then have it programmed to go on again at 5.30am so it's all nice and warm for when I crawl out of my ever so warm and cozy sleeping bag to put the kettle on.

Decadence.

It's quite addictive :D

The first Easter I used my van it was -6 woke up at about 1 o'clock turned the heater on 2 and slept like a log until 8 the next morning :thumb

We have had the heater on for 3 nights and 2 days in a row, on our winter trip to Germany a week ago, and then several other 24 hour stints during that trip - no problem!

We did a week in the van in North Yorkshire with our 2 month old (van and baby!) and left the heater on 2 all night. With a Comfortz compact topper and thermal windscreen shield we found the temperature and humidity to be perfect. We slept up-top with the baby in his cot on the bench and all were lovely and warm all night with no noticeable fuel use. Happy days.

Back