Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Steering Wheel Lock

N

Nighters

VIP Member
Hi all,

Have any of you purchased a steering wheel lock for your cali? I am just wondering if they are the kind of vehicles that are stolen often?

Thanks,
Paul

Hi Paul. Good question I haven't heard of a Cali being stolen not to say it doesn't happen
Most vehicles these days are stolen with the keys as most immobilisers are good the Cali does also have a anti tow alarm fitted I think the Cali alarm is thatcham cat 2. So I would say you are better off looking after the keys :thumb

I've not done so for my Cali. I also take the view that protecting keys is the important thing.

The Cali has a Catagory 1 alarm which I think is better that catagory 2 but I am not an expert on that. Thatcham publish details on standard fit alarm which may be helpful when getting insurance quotes. Here is the link

http://www.thatcham.org/security/pdfs/c ... arCAT1.pdf

The California is listed on page 18

Hope that helps.

PS I discover to the annoyance of my neigbours that is you disconnect the tow bar electrics without unlocking the Cali the alarm goes off.

It says California is security system 1 which is TC2 i presume that means thatcham category 2?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

i bought a £60 silver steering wheel lock , just for extra peice of mind

Dont forget it has deadlocks as well :thumb

Freeley said:
It says California is security system 1 which is TC2 i presume that means thatcham category 2?

No Freeley. The document is headed up Catagory 1 so every alarm in that document is Catagory1. On the Thatcham site there is another document for Catagory 2 factory fitted alarms. That TC2 number is the reference number for the test I belive.

Ah ok.
I was grilled about this by safeguard when i insured with them a couple of years ago.
They wouldn't accept "vw security system 1" as a valid alarm system even though the option came up on their website when i was filling the form in.
They had me ringing up VW to find out the exact alarm make which even they didn't know.
In the end they put my cali down as not having an alarm :doh

Funny you should mention SafeGuard it was because of them I spent a hour on the net tracking down that document. SafeGuard accepted it when I sent it to them.