Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Steinarontour

ArcticMatt

ArcticMatt

VIP Member
Vehicle
T4 Hightop
This isn't California related but it was still cool.

I've been following this chap from Norway called Steinar and he's been travelling round the world in his T3 syncro for a few years now. In the last few weeks I've been following his FB feed as he travels the long way down from Nordkapp and into Lofoten (I'm heading there next week).

Anyway, today we went shopping in this little town near us called Fauske on the main E6 road. As we were heading home, a caught a glimpse of this mucky T3 and guess who it was! It was him! You can't miss his van. Anyway Maragreth said I should go back and say hello so we did. It was fantastic to meet someone you've followed all over the world. He's been a bit of an inspiration. So seeing the van in flesh was fantastic. It was originally from Bodø near where we live. We wished him all the best and he was packing up for a few weeks to head back down to Oslo. Check out his page. Just search for Steinarontour on Facebook

Image1466544097.143682.jpg
5d4cd63c6cd2afc023520a9cdba86f47.jpg
5fd55c8ac6c5c1e913a7c7c5cec040bb.jpg

Wowzers... Amazing the pair of you! So jealous now back on blighty. Should have made more of my 10 years. But at the same time I feel I did as you could take pictures at every turn... You don't need to rush to Nordkapp or Lofoten to get fantastic scenery on every bend. However, I'm feeling the pull to to back...

Cheers. We went to Lofoten last year for a few days but in the car. We've now got the right equipment to stay for much longer. Hopefully the Germans will leave us a space up there.

His website is http://www.steinarontour.no/ by the way. View it on Chrome and it should translate. His van is awesome! He's got a note under the canopy of how far he's gone for each destination.

Niceone @ArcticMatt , guess you are the one with the black beard on the left :D
Now i can put a face behind the name....:thumb

The trips some people do , makes some of us ( including me ) looking like newbies

Niceone @ArcticMatt , guess you are the one with the black beard on the left :D
Now i can put a face behind the name....:thumb

The trips some people do , makes some of us ( including me ) looking like newbies
Haha yes that me with my little spud, William, who weighs a ton and he's not even a year old yet! He'll have his own beard at this rate