Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Step protectors

I'll need to speak with the guy that makes them and see what they can do for us.

Hi,

We'd be interested in some too please.

Thanks

:D still want step protectors please, just tell me when you want the money! Candycal billm :thumb

We'd be interested too. Our Cali Beach doesn't arrive until May but with 3 kids, they're quite messy
Steve :thanks

I'd be interested. Depends a bit on the price. Thanks.
aileenonroad

I'm waiting for some response back to see what might be available. I had one made for my car which arrived on Monday, should give you an idea of what is possible -

photo 1.JPG photo 2.JPG

Thanks Stu, do they just clip on? They look good. Do the steps get scuffed up easily?
aileenonroad.

These ones will use Velcro to stick to the existing carpet in my car. The T5 ones are just an idea at the moment so everything including how to fix them is up in the air.

Would like to order them too. Will they be available at the meet as will be leaving home soon so it is a bit late to order for delivery from England and won't be home again from my wandering until Oct. It would be handy to pick them up while in England but Leicester is far out of my way to Sussex from the ferry in Wales.
Thanks Aileen on road

aileen roantree said:
Would like to order them too. Will they be available at the meet as will be leaving home soon so it is a bit late to order for delivery from England and won't be home again from my wandering until Oct. It would be handy to pick them up while in England but Leicester is far out of my way to Sussex from the ferry in Wales.
Thanks Aileen on road

Sorry Aileen they will not be at the meet

:hello

Prehaps some kind person can order you a set and bring them along to cotf :thumb

I like the look of these step protectors but wondered if they lay flat when fitted. the plastic steps on my Cali have got rows of square studs that sit slightly higher than the step. I would be grateful if a kind person could post some details (and maybe a pic) once you have fitted them.

Whilst these shiny stainless step protectors look lovely and will enhance the looks of any van, I am wondering if this is all about looks or is this a functional enhancement too?

Specifically I wonder is shiny stainless is likely to be more slippery when wet than is ideal?

I've had slips on shiny steps before and they are no fun.

Ideally for me I'd like to see something that looks good and aids grip

MisterTea said:
Whilst these shiny stainless step protectors look lovely and will enhance the looks of any van, I am wondering if this is all about looks or is this a functional enhancement too?

Specifically I wonder is shiny stainless is likely to be more slippery when wet than is ideal?

I agree, I will need to see these before I make up my mind.

Having spent some time in the general T5 arena I am wary of chrome accessories they can be hard to get right and the steps in the California were designed as they were for a reason.

Plus at ÂŁ20

http://banwy.co.uk/product/t5-parts/t5- ... t5-genuine

To replace one (they come with Caravelle/Multivan or California) I would be tempted to just replace it if it was damaged or dirty.

I look forward to seeing them though, perhaps need to see these on a Cali first.

James

MisterTea said:

I totally agree MisterTea .... I have seen bling step protectors and your points are valid ones ...they look bling if you want that look and that's all they really do apart from making the Cali steps more dangerous when dry and very dangerous when wet .. The pair I see on a t5 had transporter on them and as much as the fit looked ok they where not moulded and just looked wrong with the putter edge looking like a toe killer ... Each to their own and as James says you can buy new Vw steps to replace if they get bad as they are cheap enough if you trash the non-slip ones on your Cali ....
There is another route if its a mod your after and a different look ... I'll keep you posted :) ;-)