Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Still a mystery...

KernowLad

Gone, but not forgotten!
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
Three years on and we still don't know what the giant cupholder thing is just rear of the sliding door; any ideas?!

it is a cup holder :D - with the rear shelf removed & the seat as far back as it will go you can actually get a cup in it.

Anyone got any ideas for additional cupholders in the rear? it does appear to be a major shortcoming - 5 passengers one large holder in the rear and 2 almost unusable ones in the front.

Is it?! It's huge! With three sprung clips and a 12v supply in it, I had wondered if it was for holding an electric kettle?!

Cupholders are a Cali weak spot - the two in the front are so low rent, they make a Perodua's version look like a Range Rover's. The whole dash could do with a tart up really - the Caravelle Executive (full leather seats) we had for a week really highlighted it - quite nice brown leather clashing horribly with very "van like" grey plastics.

Ridiculous isn't it, but it's listed in the brochure under Interior(living area) - Drinks Holder.

Inherited as part of the Caravelle spec I reckon, where it's usable due to the seat positioning.

Just returned from A&E at my local hospital. After several hours of my struggling my dog took matters into its own hands to stop me trying to get its balls in the cup holder !!

haydon58 said:
Just returned from A&E at my local hospital. After several hours of my struggling my dog took matters into its own hands to stop me trying to get its balls in the cup holder !!

That'l teach you to mess with your dog's balls ;)

Back