Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Storage size under rear

Bobbyjean-IRL

Bobbyjean-IRL

Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
Waiting on delivery of cali coast in 2022. We need to buy storage boxes, can someone direct me or tell me dimensions height, width and depth of rear storage space under bed shelf. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Waiting on delivery of cali coast in 2022. We need to buy storage boxes, can someone direct me or tell me dimensions height, width and depth of rear storage space under bed shelf. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Not sure how much this helps but we use 2 x 51L storage boxes that we bought from B&Q (Together with the locking lids that you have to buy separately) . They populate the space quite well height wise. And when pushed to the right, leave just enough room for my 10L water carrier. The boot space is lined with the Brandrup carpet sets, to avoid scratching the sides. Not to be confused with the 2 washable door mats that you can see under the boxes, that we use at the sliding door.
The dimensions of the boxes are in the B&Q link, if that helps any?

20220102_112306.jpg

Last edited:
You won’t get anything stronger than Wham boxes. They do them in all sizes and are so strong you can stand on them. They even advertise them with a mini sitting on 4 of them. We had the cheaper ones but just a waste of time an money.

:thumb :thumb

Not sure how much this helps but we use 2 x 51L storage boxes that we bought from B&Q (Together with the locking lids that you have to buy separately) . They populate the space quite well height wise. And when pushed to the right, leave just enough room for my 10L water carrier. The boot space is lined with the Brandrup carpet sets, to avoid scratching the sides. Not to be confused with the 2 washable door mats that you can see under the boxes, that we use at the sliding door.
The dimensions of the boxes are in the B&Q link, if that helps any?

View attachment 87860
Thanks Iv ordered a couple.

An alternative: I had hard plastic storage boxes but they scraped the inside walls of the boot pulling them in & out so I got 2 Thule Goboxes. I have 2 large versions - 61cm(L) x 46cm(W) x 30cm(H) - they are easy to lift in and out, hold plenty and don’t damage any of the trim in the boot. I’ve had them 3 or 4 years now and no complaints. B69E76E7-1594-4C1D-B86A-E15F69DF0E0E.pngB69E76E7-1594-4C1D-B86A-E15F69DF0E0E.png

Yes, the Thule go box medium are great and do not damage the cali boot. You can fixed 3 of them. The boot space are, more or less: 108 cm x 72 cm x 34 cm.

Back