Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Store the Duvalay Topper in the roof when closed.

Bert1969

Bert1969

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Hi, I was wondering if it is possible to leave the portable Duvalay topper 190cm x 122cm x2,5cm Gold on the roofbed while closing the roof? a) does it close ? and b) does is close enough to be sure it is save to drive?
I was wondering where to leave this bulky thing before buying it?
tnx!!

There are not much things that can be stored on the top bed without the risk the roof not fully to close.
Also bear in mind that when your sheets , sleepingbag is up there and you intend to stay " incognito" overnight sleeping downstaires you need to open the roof....to acces things.
Best to leave nothing up there:thumb
I use two simple sleepingbags , each there own .....also makes you feel more like camping . :D

Anything other than the standard mattress can also become wet if overfilled due to the roof bellows touching them

These are big and bulky, if we had known how big they were we would not have ordered them. Get yourself a zonesleep and one of the Comfortz reduced mattress.

We have 2 x 40mm duvalays, they are big. But great to sleep on. My wife hates sleeping bags so went for two. (treated myself).

There are not much things that can be stored on the top bed without the risk the roof not fully to close.
Also bear in mind that when your sheets , sleepingbag is up there and you intend to stay " incognito" overnight sleeping downstaires you need to open the roof....to acces things.
Best to leave nothing up there:thumb
I use two simple sleepingbags , each there own .....also makes you feel more like camping . :D
sounds clear to me

Having just spend the first night in the Cali, both of us downstairs in duvalays I must say its one of the comfiest nights ever. My daughter was up top in her new toddler ready bed deluxe. We chose that as she tends to flip about in her cot and did the trick.

These are big and bulky, if we had known how big they were we would not have ordered them. Get yourself a zonesleep and one of the Comfortz reduced mattress.

We were looking at buying two of these but the size when stored did worry us, also being memory foam does it not make you sweat, especialy in hot countries?

We were looking at buying two of these but the size when stored did worry us, also being memory foam does it not make you sweat, especialy in hot countries?
We got the kits £140 each. 1 x 4.5 tog, 1 x 10.5 tog and a carry bag. We chose 40mm thickness, but you can also select 25 or 50mm. If you had the 25mm mattress and the 4.5 tog it would greatly reduce the size in my opinion. There are also straps to tighten the roll.
With regard to sweating. I have no clue, I was unwell whilst away running a fever with a sickness bug and it felt just like a normal bed, no undue comfort issues at all. Apart from me snoring, but that was the wife's discomfort. Seems great quality.

Back