Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Strada della Forra

N

Nigel Whitwood

Guest User
Has anyone here driven the Strada della Forra in a California? Or if driven in something else what is your opinion of trying it in one?

Has anyone here driven the Strada della Forra in a California? Or if driven in something else what is your opinion of trying it in one?
Many many years ago in a VW Beetle. You should be OK in a California (see below) but you’ll have a few scary moments.

Strada della Forra by camper​

For those who want to enjoy the road in relaxation, there is the possibility of traveling along it in a camper, with a maximum height of 3 meters, bearing in mind that it is preferable to do that only when the one-way uphill is in operation.
We strongly advise to drive into the street during other periods.

Many many years ago in a VW Beetle. You should be OK in a California (see below) but you’ll have a few scary moments.

Strada della Forra by camper​

For those who want to enjoy the road in relaxation, there is the possibility of traveling along it in a camper, with a maximum height of 3 meters, bearing in mind that it is preferable to do that only when the one-way uphill is in operation.
We strongly advise to drive into the street during other periods.

Thanks for your help. Drove it today and I must say that compared to many other passes I've taken the Cali this seemed a bit tame. Enjoyable none the less.

@Nigel Whitwood : have you driven Amalfi coast? Can you compare Strada della Forra to it?
I drove part of it but decided it best to tour the coast by boat. Italy is renown for poor driving but it was far worse in the Naples area than anywhere else I've been to, and not at all enjoyable. Also, parking on the Amalfi coast is almost non existent and other than a few stretches you really don't get to see much. The Strada dell Forra is not very long and involves narrow, steep sections and 180 degree hairpins. At this time of year the most narrow part is controlled by traffic lights, (but one way in Summer). Nothing any more challenging than Applecross, Hardnott or many places you might find in Cornwall. Other drivers seem more courteous and there are not the huge number of scooters that one finds on Amalfi,. (probably as they don't have enough power).

Back