Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Strange battery drain

holliers

holliers

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi

I've noticed over the last week or so that the leisure batteries are showing a drain of "0.2a" even though I don't have anything switched on (that I am aware of), and that my battery level is 90%. (I have the control panel display set to show the battery charge details).

I'm sure that previously, at rest, it has always shown a drain of "0.0a" and that the battery level is usually 100%.

We use the van as our daily driver, so the batteries get charged every day. The van is about a year old.

The only thing that I have done differently recently is I connected it up to the mains for the first time to test the system ahead of a summer trip to France.

Is this just the batteries getting older and not holding their charge as well, or should I look for some other source of the drain?

Any help gratefully received

Mark

By coincidence, I noticed mine was pulling 0.4a today with nothing switched on. I wondered whether the control unit itself was causing the drain....

Also any extension plugged into the euro socket will switch on the inverter and cause a 0.2amp drain (even if nothing is connected to the extension)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks all, I feel much better now. Did a quick test this afternoon with the Control Unit off, and as you suggest, it appears that it is the culprit.

Thanks again
Mark