Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Styling improvements and Front Fogs

Right here is the styling of our van....
Tried to make it stand out with some subtle modifications.

SAM_8904.JPG

SAM_8921.JPG

SAM_8873.JPG

20150606_130915.jpg

They are BK Racing Flowform 170 in 20". It's a pretty big wheel for a T5 and quite wide so bags of grip and looks impressive but does affect the MPG. We are dealers for BK Racing and work really closely with them as they are just up the road from us (keep your eyes peeled in their next brochure as our van Ronnie will be in there :thumb). If you want a little insider info ..... they are about to release our wheel in an 18" version which we can supply nationally with whatever tyres you fancy drop me an email to info@slidepods.co.uk if you want package or rim only prices. We do free fitting on all our wheel and tyre packages at our workshop too and supply everything with the proper bolts, locknuts and spiggot rings :thumb

yes I did it! Done it today and changed my winterwheels for this black beauty! I like them! Platin 69 17" and 225 55 17 C vancontacts 200

7578f161c7ed5fba08e3f1b64ad450ed.jpg
f47840501f80cb0f903afb2087fa919b.jpg

Tom, just noticed your black bike rack. Was that an option, or did you get it sprayed?

I like our silver one on the black van but a black one would be interesting.

There are loads of subtle tweaks you can make to change the image. Attached is a photo of how we brought ours and how it looks now. We have changed the wheels for the sportline Matt black 18's, black side bars, sportline front valance, LED DRL's, sportline 30mm lowering springs, genuine front fog lights, front mud flaps and a VW bike rack which I painted satin black. Admittedly not to everyone liking but certainly the tweaks we wanted to finish it off.
3f2fd90b8a3ca9e4ef6fe046422cfb38.jpg
5d8b20bd631d80f6a05b6cc68ab5899e.jpg
a9814e3b88744a4b4209e6580cb84bc3.jpg
9b91bb1780d5da16ee8f3c36ac699af7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom, just noticed your black bike rack. Was that an option, or did you get it sprayed?

I like our silver one on the black van but a black one would be interesting.
Unfortunately it was a case of striping it down and spraying it. It was definitely worth it. It certainly looked the part and many people have asked about it.

Wow! Respect. Serious commitment there, or did you do it for a James May style reconstruction as you put it back together?

Unfortunately it was a case of striping it down and spraying it. It was definitely worth it. It certainly looked the part and many people have asked about it.

Hi, did your bike rack strip down and reassemble easily or did you need some spare parts ?

I'm waiting on a white beach and a black bike rack would look great on it :)

I finally completed all the tweaks from my styling list last week... There are 15 in total.

IMG_0450.jpg IMG_0451.jpg IMG_0452.jpg IMG_0453.jpg IMG_0456.jpg

Does anyone know if after market fogs support the turning light function that the T5/6 supports?

I've ordered mirror covers in Sunny Yellow to go on my Natural Grey van, a yellow lower grill "streamer" and want to get some fogs too.

Also really liking the look of some replacement head lights...its a slippery slope isnt it?

Does anyone know if after market fogs support the turning light function that the T5/6 supports?

I've ordered mirror covers in Sunny Yellow to go on my Natural Grey van, a yellow lower grill "streamer" and want to get some fogs too.

Also really liking the look of some replacement head lights...its a slippery slope isnt it?
Van is looking great and looked great up close when I saw it at the recent meet.

Hmm! yellow mirrors! Slippery slope indeed. I've gone for the Indium Grey and we are accessorising with yellow inside. Hadn't thought of yellow mirrors but suspect will look better on your natural grey though. Look forward to seeing it. My other half sighed and shook her head

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Where have you got your mirror covers from?
I'd hoped the exterior pack on mine would have been black mirrors rather than just unpainted.
Might replace.

Chap on eBay Vw colour coded to order. Not arrived yet.

They also do full mirrors or I've just gone for the top/front panel.

How about a little external lighting as an upgrade?20160408_211450.jpg

Back