Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Interior light switching itself on/off

A

ainsy

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi,

I've got a two month old VW California Ocean and today I noticed the small light above the fridge was turning it self on/off. Sometimes it flickered on/off but mostly it just switched itself on. The light works as normal if using the button.

Is this a known issue and if so what's the fix?

I'm hoping the light switching itself on might be the cause of my other issue of leisure battery drain. I'll start a new post on that one! :(

Hi,

I've got a two month old VW California Ocean and today I noticed the small light above the fridge was turning it self on/off. Sometimes it flickered on/off but mostly it just switched itself on. The light works as normal if using the button.

Is this a known issue and if so what's the fix?

I'm hoping the light switching itself on might be the cause of my other issue of leisure battery drain. I'll start a new post on that one! :(
It is a known issue, I’ve had it on my van and it was ‘fixed’ under warranty. They changed a relay under the fridge somewhere after lots of diagnostics and discussions with their VW tech people.
It worked ok for a while and then started again.

It is a known issue, I’ve had it on my van and it was ‘fixed’ under warranty. They changed a relay under the fridge somewhere after lots of diagnostics and discussions with their VW tech people.
It worked ok for a while and then started again.
Sorry mines a T6 so yours is likely to be different if it’s old.

Sorry mines a T6 so yours is likely to be different if it’s old.
Oh it’s only 2 months old so it’s probably the same. I’ll stop talking..

I would have thought that there is a permanent 12V feed (from leisure batteries) and the only thing controlling each light would be the switch beside it - dodgy switch? and yes, this would cause a small drain...

I would have thought that there is a permanent 12V feed (from leisure batteries) and the only thing controlling each light would be the switch beside it - dodgy switch? and yes, this would cause a small drain...
This is the Led strip light. It has two operating modes, driving and camping, and it is linked to the sliding door switch and centre console switch via a control unit. It’s not a simple light switch to power supply. Others members have had problems with this light too.

Not sure - @ainsy says it's the small light above the fridge (roofline)
... Yes, the strip light below the 'worktop' has it's modes with issues.

Thanks for the responses. Just to confirm it's the small down light above the fridge not the strip light in the kitchen cabinet.

I'd get it back to a dealer for a light unit swap under warranty, should be easy and quick...

Back