Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Suspension, TERRIBLE ride...

Interesting that you say that, we were discussing at home yesterday how much better our 23MY 4 motion seems to ride than our previous 20MY 199 FWD
I measured the hight from the ground to the top of the wheel arch & its sitting almost 40mm lower than our previous van!
I’ll measure mine tomorrow, maybe Wednesday when I’m home and used half a tank of Diesel.
How much diesel have you got in?
You got the boot full of camping gear ?

I have a sliding tray, complete with all my stuff. Porto, pop up, leads, Coleman stove, gas bottle, fuel, awning sides and tie down bolts. Ratchet gun, other stuff that had filled the sliding tray.
Never need to load up. Good to go in case of zombie apocalypse.
Water tank is full. 907 is full.
Fridge has beer, Pepsi, ginger beer and milk.

Ok, read soooo much about ride quality, and I have almost convinced myself to go with possibly KW Coil-overs…… BUT, today I swapped the factory Dunlop 234/55/17 - 21,000 miles, 7 years old, legal minimu. Oh, 2016 Ocean DSG 204, factory heavy duty ARBs, quite firm pressures. I swapped to Michelin CrossClimate XLs….all season tyres x 4. Gosh, what a transformation, quiet, much less crashy, refined…… much better stature - maybe re-inforced/firmer sidewalls (XLs) which I thought would be crashier… so much better than originals. Now not sure I need to change the suspension.

Regardless of what many will claim its simple physics that any lowering of suspension has to be achieved with accompanied increased spring rate (maybe achieved by increasing the rate of progression) otherwise you find the bumpstops. Lowered suspension will not soften the ride period.

Regardless of what many will claim its simple physics that any lowering of suspension has to be achieved with accompanied increased spring rate (maybe achieved by increasing the rate of progression) otherwise you find the bumpstops. Lowered suspension will not soften the ride period.
What???

Back