Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Swissvax treatment

G

glide841

VIP Member
Hi all,

I'm consider getting the Cali polished whilst in the body shop getting the roof done. Prompted by some etching on the bonnet from bird droppings that I'd like rid of. Spoke to them this morning and they offer a 'mop and polish' or the more expensive 'swissvax treatment' which I'm told de-holograms and provides a 12 month wax.

They told me a few other Calis that they've had in have had this done. Any on here? What did you go for?what did you think of the results? value for money?

Van is in at Shorade, they've quoted 200 for the mop and polish and 350 for the swissvax + Vat. This includes flatting the etching out. Not shopped around for prices but I'm guessing cheaper equates to a substandard job with this kind of thing?

Not used Swissvax but we did get ours Gtechniq Paint, Glass and Wheels Protection Package think it cost about £500,with a proffesional detailer not a bodyshop, excellent stuff as im a lazy git when it comes to cleaning the Cali just needs jet washing (No brushes) and a hand wash once in a blue moon :thumb

Last edited:
Opinions on treatments can be very much divided...

My best advice would be get a Professional Detailer to do the job if you really want it... I've had some very mixed (OK I mean appallingly bad) experiences with bodyshops, including one of those who are doing the roof repairs.

A professional detailer lives by his reputation for this type of work and it's not just a money making add on to their main business.

Try the "Detailing World" forum for recommendations in your area.

Back