Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T4 California Exclusive Water Pump

ArcticMatt

ArcticMatt

VIP Member
Vehicle
T4 Hightop
Hi All,

The main sink tap just stopped working. The tap keeps on popping off but this time it popped off and the pump stopped kicking in. I've just tested the switch and thats working fine and i'm getting 12v to the plug too. I tried shorting it out but it didn't kick in either so I think its gubbed. Can anyone show me where the access to the pump is before I go ripping out the fridge again. I know exclusive water tank is round the back of the fridge and toilet area but I dont know where the pump access is. I'm assuming the same pump as all the others. I've got a spare back in the UK that I can smuggle in but Its a few weeks before I'm back in the UK.

Also, the rear sink works fine. You can hear the pump kick in for that one. I'm assuming thats got its own pump?

Cheers
Matt

Last edited:
Hi All,

The main sink tap just stopped working. The tap keeps on popping off but this time it popped off and the pump stopped kicking in. I've just tested the switch and thats working fine and i'm getting 12v to the plug too. I tried shorting it out but it didn't kick in either so I think its gubbed. Can anyone show me where the access to the pump is before I go ripping out the fridge again. I know exclusive water tank is round the back of the fridge and toilet area but I dont know where the pump access is. I'm assuming the same pump as all the others. I've got a spare back in the UK that I can smuggle in but Its a few weeks before I'm back in the UK.

Also, the rear sink works fine. You can hear the pump kick in for that one. I'm assuming thats got its own pump?

Cheers
Matt
http://www.oemepc.com/vw/parts_lst/...998/hg/0/catalog/vw/drive_standart/132/lang/e

Scroll down to ' Water Supply System "

194686551b3717c12ba9e1d3cf78df1f.png

Cheers for that. I think I'll have to get the fridge out again! Bugger!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If it's just the pump you can access it via the small hatch above the toilet, unscrew the lid and the pump will be hanging in there. I replaced mine last year, it is pretty straight forward. As there is only one pump for both taps and the toilet are the others working ok?

If it's just the pump you can access it via the small hatch above the toilet, unscrew the lid and the pump will be hanging in there. I replaced mine last year, it is pretty straight forward. As there is only one pump for both taps and the toilet are the others working ok?

I was just checking how to get that panel off. The rear tap is working which is what I find strange if both run off the same pump.

This all started when the tap arm popped off and after I refilled the tank but that shouldn't be an issue

I was just checking how to get that panel off. The rear tap is working which is what I find strange if both run off the same pump.

This all started when the tap arm popped off and after I refilled the tank but that shouldn't be an issue

I presume the pump is activated by whichever tap is switched on activating a switch and powering the pump. So if it works with one tap I would presume the microswitch in the non working tap is problematic.

I presume the pump is activated by whichever tap is switched on activating a switch and powering the pump. So if it works with one tap I would presume the microswitch in the non working tap is problematic.

That's what I thought but I've tested the switch off the dodgy tap switch and that makes ok. Shorted the other end of the plug and it sparked but no pump activation.

Was there any specific wiring diagrams for the exclusive? I've got some generic ones but they are no help.

That's what I thought but I've tested the switch off the dodgy tap switch and that makes ok. Shorted the other end of the plug and it sparked but no pump activation.

Was there any specific wiring diagrams for the exclusive? I've got some generic ones but they are no help.

There is one on that link I posted.

I've only scanned this thread, but I thought you'd be looking behind the loo. The panel just pops out to show the tank and wiring from memory.
Operation of either tap should cause the pump to run (this led to some flooding problems if one tap was still slightly open, as either tap pressurises the whole system). So your problem points to the main tap, but if you've shorted it out, it must point to the wiring between the main tap and the pump (because you say the other tap still operates the pump).

Back