Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T4 Westfalia Useful Information

• Thread starter TwentyOneThirtyFive
  • Start date
Re: Useful Westfalia T4 links

Replacement fridge electronics:

Frigoboat E254412

http://www.penguinfrigo.co.uk/shop/product/436/

Requires spade connectors fitting to wires and new mounting points for the box, but other than that is a straight swap for the Danfoss unit.

Last edited:
To put the control panel into diagnostics mode:

Press simultaneously, temp/battery/fridge on-off/down arrow buttons and hold for 7 seconds.
Scroll using the up/down arrow buttons through the various functions to test.

Saw this on another forum; Dometic part number for the temperature sensor in the fridge.

part number: 296.9711.01

Updated Info (20 Aug 2015):

Blovamed is the company name now.

Jonny.Schildermans@blovamed.com

tel. +352 920 731 291

Blovamed.com

Part no. 296.9711.01 is still available at Euro 22 plus postage.

Last edited:
The pop top latches are actually the bonnet catch from a mk1 Golf!

Those led replacement lights in the shop (link above) are quite sexy, and quite expensive for a full set! Nice to keep the original look.

Koen (Calibusje) had one in his van. It looks oem and works very well, much brighter light with just over 1/3 of the power consumption of the original.

Is your seat latch playing up? Have a look to see the small spring on the hinge catches are still in-situ.

If not, the Westfalia part number is 253070239A and you can get them for a few Euros at Gunzl or poptopshop.nl

Great work.

I "hacked" my car as I were in a hurry before leaving for holiday.
Ordered an "230V C14 to Schuko" adapter.
Plugged it between the C13-plug that normally is fitted in the original carger, and connected it to a standard charger from CTEK, and connected it to the battery.

Worked perfectly through the vacation. The 230V plug inside the car also worked (as it obviously does not need the charger to work).

Have now gotten the original charger fixed for the aprox. cost of half a pound in replacement parts (a capacitor or condensator that had dried out - not my field of knowledge). A kind family member replaced the part for me.
Have not fitted it in the car yet - but have tested it without load, and it seems promising.

Back