Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T5 2014 engine ceased due to piston failing & damaging cyclinder head

Document everything, get together all the facts, contact Citizens Advice and they should help you with the correct legal path to take.

HI @Max-Felix

Well after 8 weeks of backwards and forwards to the highest level at VW in the UK and trying Germany (who sent us back to the UK customer team) they wouldn't offer any more than paying 50% for a new engine. So thank fully now back up and running and back from 10 days in Cornwall without a hitch.

We also sent everything to the motor ombudsman but have heard nothing back!

But ... now only 2 days ago our control panel button stopped working - thanks to this wonderful club/shop and YouTube I have removed the panel and awaiting the new knob to fix it myself.

Hope all is well with you, best wishes Maud

HI @Max-Felix

Well after 8 weeks of backwards and forwards to the highest level at VW in the UK and trying Germany (who sent us back to the UK customer team) they wouldn't offer any more than paying 50% for a new engine. So thank fully now back up and running and back from 10 days in Cornwall without a hitch.

But ... now only 2 days ago our control panel button stopped working - thanks to this wonderful club/shop and YouTube I have removed the panel and awaiting the new knob to fix it myself.

Don't Dispare.

HI @Max-Felix

Could you let me know how you get on with the replacement button please? Ours works for a few weeks then the centre 'push to select' fails. Hope yours works better. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could you let me know how you get on with the replacement button please? Ours works for a few weeks then the centre 'push to select' fails. Hope yours works better. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Camper-x
Now I have all my fingers can toes crossed it lasts longer than that! Will certainly be back on to report if it stops working .....especially if we have the roof up at the time!
What did you do next ... replace the whole unit?

Nope. I filed the edges off the replacement button from the shop so it can be pushed onto the control panel selector shaft with the unit in situ. That way if it fails again I don't need to open the whole unit again. Seems fine so far.

Back