Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T5 Bed Stuck - advice

M

Mik

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
hi,

We have a t5 with the same bed as this..

gp.JPG

We have it slid forward, but, it’s stuck and seems one corner won’t “delatch” to move the bed back. Anyone experienced this and what to do?

Thanks!

Have you tried sitting on it, lifting the latch and walk it back with your feet?

I had similar problems when trying to move it from the side of the van. In the end, sitting on the seat became the best way for me.

Reactions: Mik
We will have to try that. Never really had an issue, it’s always been awkward but always got it eventually. Last night was our first time sleeping in the van and it won’t go back! Typical!

Thanks for the quick reply!

It only feels like one corner is stuck as well.

Remember that when you pull the lever and it stops, to pull a bit more and it goes out a bit more, I need to use my thumb on the top of the lever and my 4 fingers on the bottom to get the required leverage.

Reactions: Mik
We’re certainly pulling it up far enough, but just feels like one isn’t disengaging.

When we get back to the van i’ll Try sitting and walking it backward. I thought I had it down to an art as normally kneel on the front and walk it back - seems I have a lot to learn still!

Got home and something just wasn’t right.

Stripped the bed down so I could see the mechanism (how many screws on the inside?!)

The metal bracket for the rear corner lifted had become detached.

Replaced it and secured.

Regressed everything.

All working perfectly again!

(Or as close to perfect as these can get haha)

Back