Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T5 fridge hinge

Hi Andy,
That's great thanks.
Sorry to sound stupid...how do we mail you??
As you are not a VIP member you cannot open a Private Conversation with Andy.
You would have to type your email into a reply to Andy, but the Forum software will change it to avoid Internet Bots picking it up.
You could take a photo of your email and include that in your reply, or type in the whole email substituting at for the ”at” symbol.

As you are not a VIP member you cannot open a Private Conversation with Andy.
You would have to type your email into a reply to Andy, but the Forum software will change it to avoid Internet Bots picking it up.
You could take a photo of your email and include that in your reply, or type in the whole email substituting at for the ”at” symbol.
Thanks again

Also looking for a new fridge hinge which broke today.

Also what type of screwdriver do you need to undo them. It does not look like an alan key. I managed to get the gas strut with an alan key though.

At £60 each from the shop it’s worth buying a dozen from overseas and keeping a couple sell the rest on eBay for £20. They get snapped up.

Any idea what tool is needed for the screws are they some kind of Torx/Alan or other?

Main thing to remember is be gentle. It’s very easy to strip the thread of the thin aluminium that it goes into.

Pretty much goes for everything you do in the California..Take your time, be careful and gentle if you want things to last. Why on Earth the hinges fail anyway but they do. If you can only get. A brass replacement and not chrome you can just swop it with ones on the wardrobe door.

I remember I got mine from a company called Perceptive Fittings. It was some time ago so not sure if they still have them..Worth a try.

photo_2020-12-07_14-06-49.jpgphoto_2020-12-07_14-06-50.jpg The bolts are removed quite easily with an Allen Key.
I also removed the gas strut and the pressure required to open and close it is quite strong. The hinge that failed was the one in line with the gas strut. I am wondering if this has contributed to the fatigue of the hinge.

Ordered a couple of brass ones to replace the fridge lids ones. This will leave me with a nickel plated one incase one of the sink glass hinges fail.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Haefele-...ullen-Scharnier-11-mm-Holzdicke-/123896925103

looks like the same thing, brass or nickel. 10 euros each plus 10 for delivery?
-edit - looks like the same supplier as linked to above, but via ebay

(does anyone have a budget source for the fridge gas strut as mine is long gone . Tempted to rig something up with regular kitchen fittings to be honest, the fridge strut is really not a display item!)

View attachment 70470View attachment 70471 The bolts are removed quite easily with an Allen Key.
I also removed the gas strut and the pressure required to open and close it is quite strong. The hinge that failed was the one in line with the gas strut. I am wondering if this has contributed to the fatigue of the hinge.

Ordered a couple of brass ones to replace the fridge lids ones. This will leave me with a nickel plated one incase one of the sink glass hinges fail.
Where did you get them from in the end?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Haefele-...ullen-Scharnier-11-mm-Holzdicke-/123896925103

(does anyone have a budget source for the fridge gas strut as mine is long gone . Tempted to rig something up with regular kitchen fittings to be honest, the fridge strut is really not a display item!)
That’s a very good price. It would be worth ordering a few if the postage stayed at €10 . No reason it should be more as they are very light.

Nice find would have saved me 10 euros. I did look on ebay but obviously my searching let me down :-(