Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T5 GP Recalls

• Thread starter smgcowfoldparts
  • Start date
smgcowfoldparts

smgcowfoldparts

Trade Advertiser
At present there are two recalls for GP T5's.

One is recall 23H8 which is for updating the software on the ECU in relation to the DPF, and the other is 23K2 in relation to the fuel pipes. 23K2 involves fitting a balance weight to the fuel pipes. The software update recall takes about half an hour as does the fuel pipe recall.

Please feel free to contact me if you would like me to check if your California is due for either of these recalls.

If you are local to us then we can carry out the recall(s) whilst you wait, or alternatviely collect and deliver your California for you.

Thanks

how do people get to know if they need to take bus in for some kind of tweak / update?

David Eccles said:
how do people get to know if they need to take bus in for some kind of tweak / update?

Your dealer or Head Office should send you a letter- that's what happened with our Land Rover when it needed a handbrake recall.

Relying on finding it out in the internet is a bit worrying!

Will call my local dealer and see if it applies to 61 plates too.

Does this apply to transporters as well?
I have a 140 panel van on a 61 plate.

Letters are being sent out for the fuel pipe recall. Not every vehicle is affected, and it does seem to mostly be earlier ones that are affected and not the newer 61 plates. If you want to know then send me a PM and I will check if yours is due or not.

These recalls can affect every variant of the T5, they are not model specific.

cheers

Hi everyone,

These recalls only affect the facelift T5 not the pre-facelift. It would only apply to your vehicle if you have a 2.0 litre engine, if you have a 2.5 litre engine then these recalls will not affect your vehicle.

Thanks

We have the 2.0 180 BHP on a 61 plate LE purchased second hand so VW do not have our address. Are we affected?

I wouldn't have thought so as yours is a 61 plate. If you bought it from a dealer then they will have updated your details, if you want me to check then PM me your reg and chassis number and I will have a look for you.

Thanks

Back