Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6.1 auto sliding door

Aca_chap

Aca_chap

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hi, I’m finalising the spec on my Cali and a birdy tweeted to me that the sliding door may have been updated for the 6.1.

Does anyone know if this is true?

I am told it is quieter and more reliable in which case I would be inclined to purchase it.

Thanks and all the best

Hi, I’m finalising the spec on my Cali and a birdy tweeted to me that the sliding door may have been updated for the 6.1.

Does anyone know if this is true?

I am told it is quieter and more reliable in which case I would be inclined to purchase it.

Thanks and all the best
Touch wood, my electric sliding door has been fine so far. Regarding noise, i’ve seen posts on here saying the beeps are so loud they can annoy other campers. I think VW must have reduced the volume significantly on the 6.1 because it’s very subtle on mine (either that or I need to book in for a hearing test). :)

Touch wood, my electric sliding door has been fine so far. Regarding noise, i’ve seen posts on here saying the beeps are so loud they can annoy other campers. I think VW must have reduced the volume significantly on the 6.1 because it’s very subtle on mine (either that or I need to book in for a hearing test). :)
That’s super helpful thank you. And am I right in thinking that you can leave this half open if needed be now by disabling it ok the key fob?
I think it would be useful for my 5 and 6 year olds.
All the best with everything and the hearing!

That’s super helpful thank you. And am I right in thinking that you can leave this half open if needed be now by disabling it ok the key fob?
I think it would be useful for my 5 and 6 year olds.
All the best with everything and the hearing!
I haven’t tried stopping the door halfway. No obvious benefit to me.
One thing worth checking, especially with children, is whether the door has a safety sensor that will stop it closing if something, i.e. a child, gets in the way.
Drivers door and my thumb was bad enough :)

Attachments

• 6BB56F63-0CB2-4E18-A3EA-5FEB71EF8D10.jpeg
    6BB56F63-0CB2-4E18-A3EA-5FEB71EF8D10.jpeg
    61.2 KB · Views: 5
I haven’t tried stopping the door halfway. No obvious benefit to me.
One thing worth checking, especially with children, is whether the door has a safety sensor that will stop it closing if something, i.e. a child, gets in the way.
Drivers door and my thumb was bad enough :)
Eeek that looks bad! Hope you’re ok.

Back