Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6.1 Cannot close sliding door

Thanks! I checked all the fuses under the left seat and in the dash fuse box and the were all OK.
I managed to get an appointment at the workshop tomorrow, I hope they can find out what's wrong.

post #8 ?

Thanks @Perfectos, I guessed that the answer would be on the T6 Forum somewhere.

This happened to me a few weeks back .
Worked out I had caught the door lock button above the opening button on the dashboard

Long shot this but check that these bolts have not come loose!

5DDB2880-8338-4856-966D-A4EF8A152354.jpeg

Hi!

Today when I was going to use my van (T 6.1 Ocean) the sliding door opened normally (I could hear the motor from the sliding door). But it wouldn't close after that so I had to cancel my planned trip for today and the sliding door is now unlocked in the garage which doesn't feel great...
The sliding door is semi-automatic, so I manually drag the door and then there's a electric soft close, and it seems like the electronics has broken.
What I have tried:
* Close the door as hard as I can
* Turn on the engine and try to close the door
* Clean the contacts

The VW garage is closed for the weekend, so I won't be able to get help from them until Monday, but it doesn't feel safe to have my van unlocked for that long time.
Does anyone have any tips on what could be wrong, or know how to somehow close the door so I can lock the car properly?
Think there’s a way, you pull the handle twice without closing the door, it may be the inside handle. I was told of this by my mate who has a Calli before I got mine as he had had the same issue as you

David

Do you have an airbag warning?

What happens if you press and hold the close button?
Hello
I have an airbag warning light on mine and door works fine from dash switch.but will only open from remote and won't close from remote or sliding door latch.
Any advice would be appreciated

Hi!

Today when I was going to use my van (T 6.1 Ocean) the sliding door opened normally (I could hear the motor from the sliding door). But it wouldn't close after that so I had to cancel my planned trip for today and the sliding door is now unlocked in the garage which doesn't feel great...
The sliding door is semi-automatic, so I manually drag the door and then there's a electric soft close, and it seems like the electronics has broken.
What I have tried:
* Close the door as hard as I can
* Turn on the engine and try to close the door
* Clean the contacts

The VW garage is closed for the weekend, so I won't be able to get help from them until Monday, but it doesn't feel safe to have my van unlocked for that long time.
Does anyone have any tips on what could be wrong, or know how to somehow close the door so I can lock the car properly?
I have found this door can be tricky but with fiddling about I have got it to close. It seems to get in a state in which it “thinks” it is already closed. Be careful of the top bracket! The bolts on mine were very loose. I assume VW has never heard of Locktight.

Think there’s a way, you pull the handle twice without closing the door, it may be the inside handle. I was told of this by my mate who has a Calli before I got mine as he had had the same issue as you

David
Sorry, for this extra message but if your services are up to date, you can call Totalmobile for help.

My be too late now but we had this problem on a T6.1 in Nay 23. Try going inside hold door closed and press unlock and lock using the door lock switch in the drivers door. This reset our door and still works although have arranged dealer to check it. Got this solution on this chat site and technician at dealer agreed this was a way to do a soft reset

Here's an update. I took the car to the dealer last monday, the technician said it was the rotary latch lock that was broken and that it would take 5-10 business days to have it shipped from Germany...

I thought it sounded strange so I started researching and found this fantastic thread from a german cali-board (google translated): https://www-caliboard-de.translate....l=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=sv&_x_tr_pto=wapp

I called the dealer and gave them the new partnumber which ends with AA and they even had it in stock themselves(!)

I took the car to the dealer again next day to have the latch lock replaced, only to learn that the motor also was broken... which would take 5 - 10 business days to get from Germany. Unfortunately in this case there is no other partnumber... so I guess I only have to wait and hope they don't find anything further wrong after they replace the motor...

Back