Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6.1 Ocean Glass Hob Cover Catch

Justinitus1972

Justinitus1972

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi all

New T6.1 Cali Ocean. The glass cover over the hob is rattling and driving me mad! The 2 little rubber bump stops are present but there is still a little play when the glass lid is latched closed.

Does anyone know how to adjust the catch?

Hi all

New T6.1 Cali Ocean. The glass cover over the hob is rattling and driving me mad! The 2 little rubber bump stops are present but there is still a little play when the glass lid is latched closed.

Does anyone know how to adjust the catch?
I bought a sheet of slightly thicker rubber dimples, they work on the cupboard doors as well. About £1.50 from Homebase from memory.

I bought a sheet of slightly thicker rubber dimples, they work on the cupboard doors as well. About £1.50 from Homebase from memory.
Thanks Andy, should’ve said I’ve tried that with a pack I got from Lidl a while ago but then the glass cover is sitting about 1-2mm proud of the adjacent glass covers when closed. If I then put bigger dimples on the other glass covers to level them all out they won’t latch! I was hoping to be able to adjust the catch somehow (if possible).

At present I’ve solved the rattling by wedging a piece of foam in by the latch… but on a new £77k vehicle…

Thanks Andy, should’ve said I’ve tried that with a pack I got from Lidl a while ago but then the glass cover is sitting about 1-2mm proud of the adjacent glass covers when closed. If I then put bigger dimples on the other glass covers to level them all out they won’t latch! I was hoping to be able to adjust the catch somehow (if possible).

At present I’ve solved the rattling by wedging a piece of foam in by the latch… but on a new £77k vehicle…
Well, I would go back to the dealer because that is not normal. They should solve that. The hinges may not be positioned completely correctly.

Back