Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6.1 Remote Auxiliary Heater

Octobus

Octobus

Cali on order
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
I did read a similar post on this issue a couple of weeks ago, but I cannot now find the thread....
There appears to be a software issue on the control panel when the heater is activated from the remote fob. The heater turns on from the fob and operates successfully for the pre-determined running time. However, at the end of the running cycle the heating indicator on the panel does not turn off and the control panel then "crashes". When I try and go to the menu it reads "please wait" and I cannot operate any of the menus. Eventually, after persistent attempts I can get it back to the menu screen, but I have to be extremely quick to make a selection before it returns to "please wait". This has now happened on both occasions that I have activated the heater from the fob and on the most recent occasion it was a real problem as the roof was up and I could not access the menu to lower it. Eventually, did it but it took me around 30 mins and then had to drive the vehicle to reset the heater.
I do recall someone else had a similar issue. Any thoughts?

This might be the thread you were thinking of:

I did read a similar post on this issue a couple of weeks ago, but I cannot now find the thread....
There appears to be a software issue on the control panel when the heater is activated from the remote fob. The heater turns on from the fob and operates successfully for the pre-determined running time. However, at the end of the running cycle the heating indicator on the panel does not turn off and the control panel then "crashes". When I try and go to the menu it reads "please wait" and I cannot operate any of the menus. Eventually, after persistent attempts I can get it back to the menu screen, but I have to be extremely quick to make a selection before it returns to "please wait". This has now happened on both occasions that I have activated the heater from the fob and on the most recent occasion it was a real problem as the roof was up and I could not access the menu to lower it. Eventually, did it but it took me around 30 mins and then had to drive the vehicle to reset the heater.
I do recall someone else had a similar issue. Any thoughts?
Pull out the fuses as mentioned in the above thread, reinsert in the order of top to bottom then and go for a little drive. Worked for me.

To stop it happening set the running time in the settings to 120 minutes and then make sure that every time you use the fob to start the heater, switch it over to heat continuously when you get in the van so it never reaches the maximum run time on heat immediately.

Pull out the fuses as mentioned in the above thread, reinsert in the order of top to bottom then and go for a little drive. Worked for me.

To stop it happening set the running time in the settings to 120 minutes and then make sure that every time you use the fob to start the heater, switch it over to heat continuously when you get in the van so it never reaches the maximum run time on heat immediately.
thanks. Really appreciate your help with this.