Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6.1 Service at 15k KMs or 30K KMs in first year of ownership

Gecko_Bioyag77

Gecko_Bioyag77

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
What is puzzling me is that the VW Service Schedule says the first service is 30,000Km's or 1 year whichever is the soonest and the reminder left by the garage in my Cali states it is 15,000Km's or 1 year which ever is the soonest. So im wondering now that I have 14k KMs on the clock since Feb'23, if a 15k Km service would be better even if it is considered outside the service plan terms and therefore an additional cost (as I have a service pack). I am leaning towards changing the oil and oil filter at 15k Kms rather than wait for 30K as I think it will help protect the engine in the longer term. Any thoughts on this?

Useful link looking at fixed and flexible (long life) service options.

What is puzzling me is that the VW Service Schedule says the first service is 30,000Km's or 1 year whichever is the soonest and the reminder left by the garage in my Cali states it is 15,000Km's or 1 year which ever is the soonest. So im wondering now that I have 14k KMs on the clock since Feb'23, if a 15k Km service would be better even if it is considered outside the service plan terms and therefore an additional cost (as I have a service pack). I am leaning towards changing the oil and oil filter at 15k Kms rather than wait for 30K as I think it will help protect the engine in the longer term. Any thoughts on this?
Modern engine oils are designed for higher mileage, plus its a commercial vehicle so tolerances are greater.

Not sure how this fits in but coming up to one year old, 4,000 miles and Oil change notice has come up, is this now one of my two services on my pre paid plan?

oil service after 2 years or 15.000 km (just had it done last week) or whatever comes first
first inspection after 2 years or 40.000 km whatever comes first
you can check in the "we connect" app also
if for some reason oil gets too polluted before interval is reached cali will warn you to get it changed.
we have same model as you (2022).

Back