Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 alarm system?

Vincent123

Vincent123

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hello folks,
I have been speaking to Safeguard concerning insuring our new Cali (Ocean 204 DSG). I was asked what alarm system is fitted - ie Thatcham Cat 1 or alternatively Cat 5 Tracker unit? This level of security is required by the insurer for vehicles of this value. Can anyone confirm what the T6 is fitted with as standard?

Unlikely to be tracker unless you've paid for it.
Safeguard were a PITA when I was with them a few years back as they insisted on knowing exactly what make and model the alarm was.
They had me ringing round various dealers trying to find out. Nobody had the slightest idea, in the end Safeguard put me down as not having an alarm which annoyed me.
Seems like they might have relaxed their rules a bit now.

Sent from my Galaxy S6

This pops up on the forum from time to time. In would be helpful if VW did what Subaru did our forester which we had prior to the Cali --- when collected we were give a Thatcham certificate. When we 1st tried to insure the cali many insuers wanted proof of alarm fitted.

According to my dealer the factory alarm is not worth it anyway and as it's an option here, I declined! :shocked
I then spent 30 mins with a friend in his new T5 locking it and me jumping around inside trying to set it off. Not very scientific I know, but in about 20 attempts I only managed to set it off once! :headbang
Now I'm looking for a decent 3rd party system with fully cab and passenger room sensors.

According to my dealer the factory alarm is not worth it anyway and as it's an option here, I declined! :shocked
I then spent 30 mins with a friend in his new T5 locking it and me jumping around inside trying to set it off. Not very scientific I know, but in about 20 attempts I only managed to set it off once! :headbang
Now I'm looking for a decent 3rd party system with fully cab and passenger room sensors.
Funny. When I tried it I only had to move my head and it went off.

Hello folks,
I have been speaking to Safeguard concerning insuring our new Cali (Ocean 204 DSG). I was asked what alarm system is fitted - ie Thatcham Cat 1 or alternatively Cat 5 Tracker unit? This level of security is required by the insurer for vehicles of this value. Can anyone confirm what the T6 is fitted with as standard?
Recently bought a T6 Ocean, insured through Safeguard, went through same bussiness. The alrm and immobilliser in the T6 factory issued are both Thatcham 1 for the purposes of insurance. I haven't tried jumping around inside it yet. I will let you know how it works.