Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 Awning Connection

My dealer informed it's a 6mm so bought a 6mm x 6mm drive away kit. so I guess I may need to buy another drive away kit now :headbang

6mm may fit but it will be tight, in an ideal world it would be 5mm but nobody makes 5mm.

Sent using Tapatalk

I ordered 6mm and when it arrived the box says 7... (I guess allowing for the material around). So back to re-order - will do from this forum this time ;)

Just got back from the Caravan & Camping Show, some good deals on buying Vango Airbeam Awning. Just bought a Galli Awning that looks a good size.

I tried the Vango this weekend. The 6mm slid straight into the awning no problem. I added the drive away kit also 6mm to 6mm and it all fitted perfectly

I tried the Vango this weekend. The 6mm slid straight into the awning no problem. I added the drive away kit also 6mm to 6mm and it all fitted perfectly

Hi There, are you sure you have the VW awning? We ordered the 6mm 6mm kit and it was too tight, we had to send it back for an exchange?

Me too like martin said the 6mm we found tight especially
After it got wet the 6x4 mm is not perfect but we found it easier to slide in the pull out awning

Thanks for the clarification - I don't have a pull out / wind out awning so mine will go into the black rubber awning rail attachment on the van, sorry, 'Cali' - so I may have more 'wiggle room' ! I'll try it this week before I order the 4x6 from the forum shop.

I'm also interested in the Vango Galli but have a question for anyone who has bought one. Can the van be connected on either side of the tent or just on the right as seen in most photos?

I can't see why not so long as you have an awning attachment for that side as well. Without the wind out awning my T6 was delivered with the awning attachment as standard on the RHS. If that doesn't make sense I can take a pic for you tomorrow - getting too dark up here now.

Hi Alison, thanks, but I think we are talking cross purposes. Re-reading my question I realise I probably didn't word it very well.

I'll try again:

The Vango Galli seems to be designed for a van with the sliding door on the passenger/left side of the vehicle. I was wondering if there are any issues when connected to the California where the sliding door is on the drivers/right side. The front porch of the tent will be at the back of the van, don't think this is an issue and might even be better, but I'm wondering if the side door of the tent still lines up with the van's door?

We had a Kyham Motor Dome which is made for the left hand (nearside) door, but fitted the Cali well.
The sliding door cleared the tunnel without a problem.

Alan

I have a vango kela inflatable awning that I used with our previous T2c (Danbury) camper. it fitted to the vehicle with a awning pole (threaded into a sleeve on the awning "tunnel") that clamped onto the gutter. Our T6 Beach has no roll-out awning - just the rubber flexible awning rail/gutter strip on the driver-side - which has both a gutter and a slot for fig 8 attachment.
Question - has anyone managed successfully to use a clamp-pole attachment to this awning-rail? (before I commit to buying a fig8 strip!)

I'm also interested in the Vango Galli but have a question for anyone who has bought one. Can the van be connected on either side of the tent or just on the right as seen in most photos?
Not 100% but I believe you can specify right or left on ordering

I have a Vango Airbeam, I tried to connect it to the nearside awning rail (my daughter wanted her privacy)! The diameter was too small, just pulled out of the rail. Sorry no idea of the size!

Having read about 4mm to 6mm recommendations here I was bothered as I have an awning coming soon and the dealer supplied me with this 6mm to 6mm kit & while I cannot yet comment on quality etc I have just tried it in the genuine VW awning rail and not only does the kador strip fit but it's not even tight and fiddly. 4mm will slop around. I have also read that the figure of 8 will allow water through at the joins because its in 3 parts. No doubt that would be true so will be looking for some waterproof tape to hold them together. Gaffer??
IMG_4781.JPG

Back