T6 bike rack fitting help needed please

NJay

NJay

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi
help please.

Recently bought 2nd hand beach. Bike rack included in sale but one of threaded bolts from lower mounting clamps had been lost so seller promised replacement which he posted to me this week. Other clamp Was taken apart too by seller to help him procure replacement part.
I’m now having trouble figuring out how to reassemble the clamps correctly. Could someone post close up photos of the clamp assembly please so I can see where I’m going wrong or advise if I’m missing a key part.
I have 1 pair of black curved clamps, 1 pair non-threaded cylinder washers, 1 pair of threaded cylinder nuts, 1 pair of long bolts and I have the special torque wrench tool. I’ll post additional photos of how I’ve been unsuccessfully trying to fit together. Thanks in advance4382CEDC-6B3A-40DC-BCAE-7179810668E9.jpeg

AB7BF91E-EE27-4874-99F9-5B9249B8631F.jpeg

2B36104D-BD30-4FFC-9D41-743F5DDCB856.jpeg

1D462AA8-ECAF-48DF-B363-D6D58BA3724D.jpeg

AA3FE8C4-F1BA-40CD-BA8F-E4EB89113E4B.jpeg

The threaded cylinder is very slightly longer than the non-threaded one and seems to perfectly fit a recess on underside of bracket. The non-threaded cylinder seems to perfectly sit in the curved groove in the metal clamp part. But when I try to fit it like this the clamp is unable to tighten sufficiently and seems to have wrong line of pull to be able to work. Also, the black metal clamp/ bracket parts don’t seem to sit well on the main plastic bracket so I can’t help wondering if they are indeed the correct parts or in doing something very wrong! Any advice, help appreciated. Thanks.

Hi,

Here’s some pics from my t6 rack, the fittings look quite different to yours.

I’ll have to upload one at a time because of Tapatalk. This is the exterior view:

acc3e30f61320eeb346d43bd81d7db1b.jpg

This is the clamp from the underside, showing the threaded barrel located inside the plastic housing:
cd68f61ed9e8359569e53f1061eff55d.jpg

To me the non threaded barrels are not required for the rack and your clamp plates are incorrect. I’d have a word with the seller, because you may have a job getting the spares and it does beg the question how they mislaid them in the first place

Good luck :)

I’m certain from pic 2 that’s a t6 rack. The t6 rack is a square profile, the t5 rack shape follows the shape of the van

I think it’s a T6 rack but I’ve been given the clamp parts for a T5 rack which is why it’s not fitting. It would be nice to see a Close up photo of a T5 rack bracket to compare.

OK. Figured it out. It’s a T6 bike rack but Breeze, who the seller ordered replacement parts from, supplied parts for a T5 rack (despite the rack having been bought from them and the T6 Van being serviced by them at the time of order). Seller never realised mistake as hadnt reassembled rack. Seller going to resolve with Breeze and hopefully issue will be sorted
Thanks for the input. Much appreciated

Back