Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 California tailgate part number

Ian2017

Ian2017

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi
Had repair to tailgate at local bodyshop - they say there is not a specific California tailgate and that they have had to order a standard T6 tailgate and then drill/modify to take the Cali trim (ie chairs/storage). Does this sound correct or is anybody aware where her there is a separate part number for a specific California tailgate ?

Hi
Had repair to tailgate at local bodyshop - they say there is not a specific California tailgate and that they have had to order a standard T6 tailgate and then drill/modify to take the Cali trim (ie chairs/storage). Does this sound correct or is anybody aware where her there is a separate part number for a specific California tailgate ?
I don't believe they go round modifying standard T6 tailgates at the factory.
Is this a VW Bodyshop?
If not I would go to a VW Dealership Parts Department and make some enquiries.

A Private Message to @Loz may be of use. Unfortunately I do not have access to a comprehensive T6 Parts Guide.

As for as i'm aware there's no specific California tailgate , it's the inside trim that's California specific .

• Agree
Reactions: Loz
As for as i'm aware there's no specific California tailgate , it's the inside trim that's California specific .
So they drill and modify a standard tailgate at the factory ? Interesting.

So they drill and modify a standard tailgate at the factory ? Interesting.

Don't know of drilling is involved don't think so , there could be holes in the tailgate allready to fit the inner trim witch seem logic to me .

They would buy a blank tailgate and then add the parts like double glazing and the trim parts etc.

http://www.oemepc.com/vw/part_singl...827/subcategory/827030/part_id/3688993/lang/e

There are a couple of variants depending on the PR number it was built with.

In production, remember, they are built as a shell then transferred to the Cali factory to be completed so as the rear lid has to be painted it will just go un trimmed to the Cali factory.

Thank you for all the helpful comments - the standard T6 tailgate (of which they are several depending on need for reversing camera etc extras) have pressure fitted screw threads fitted into existing drilled holes which then allow heavy duty screws to be cited attaching tailgate trim onto the door - not sure of my recent repair have had these fitted or whether it is a botched job

Back