Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 Fridges (Carevelle)

D

d.lewis79

Vehicle
N/A
Hi all,

I am sure this is a question that has been asked in the past...however I have just got my T6 Carevelle and would like a compressor fridge that will fit under the rear of the occasional bed once its folded flat? I would like 35-40l does any one have any good ideas examples?

Thank you for your thoughts.

Dan

Amarillo

Amarillo

Tom
Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
If I understand correctly, the T6 Caravelle is similar to a T6 Beach with a 3 seat bench, and has the same multiflex board.

We have a Dometic/Waeco CFX28 (28 litres).

It can be strapped behind the front passenger seat, it can go portrait under the multiflex, or landscape under the shortened multiflex.

As a family we found it could contain foods essential to be chilled in hot weather for four for four nights: i.e. cooked and uncooked meat, dairy, but not most fruits, vegetables, water, fizzy drinks or beer/wine other than for consumption that day.

Last edited:
D

d.lewis79

Vehicle
N/A
Thank you gents for your thoughts. I am considering trying to house a draw style fridge and fit it to the rail system, dont know how that will work out! @ch!pbutty I have seen the fridge you have mentioned however its too tall for the area I want it to live.

Stoneybroke

Stoneybroke

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
We have Waeco cfx 35.
I suggest you sort out a Leisure battery for the Caravelle as otherwise you will have to rely on the starter battery. I know the cfx range have say found that so you draining the battery, but I there's still a risk you could take to much out to start the Caravelle.
Plenty of room under the front seats. Quite ready to do, I did it on my calendar 0 Caravelle.

D

d.lewis79

Vehicle
N/A
Thank you i will take a look at the Waeco cfx 35. Problem seems to be that there isn't as much room under the bed at the rear as I thought there would be!

Stoneybroke

Stoneybroke

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Thank you i will take a look at the Waeco cfx 35. Problem seems to be that there isn't as much room under the bed at the rear as I thought there would be!
It's the bar running across the middle that knocks a couple of inches off.

MattBW

MattBW

Here to help
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
Good example half way down this thread

Webasto fridge and full sliding rack.
Fridge is excellent.