Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 Fridges (Carevelle)

D

d.lewis79

Vehicle
N/A
Hi all,

I am sure this is a question that has been asked in the past...however I have just got my T6 Carevelle and would like a compressor fridge that will fit under the rear of the occasional bed once its folded flat? I would like 35-40l does any one have any good ideas examples?

Thank you for your thoughts.

Dan

If I understand correctly, the T6 Caravelle is similar to a T6 Beach with a 3 seat bench, and has the same multiflex board.

We have a Dometic/Waeco CFX28 (28 litres).

It can be strapped behind the front passenger seat, it can go portrait under the multiflex, or landscape under the shortened multiflex.

As a family we found it could contain foods essential to be chilled in hot weather for four for four nights: i.e. cooked and uncooked meat, dairy, but not most fruits, vegetables, water, fizzy drinks or beer/wine other than for consumption that day.

Last edited:
Thank you gents for your thoughts. I am considering trying to house a draw style fridge and fit it to the rail system, dont know how that will work out! @ch!pbutty I have seen the fridge you have mentioned however its too tall for the area I want it to live.

We have Waeco cfx 35.
I suggest you sort out a Leisure battery for the Caravelle as otherwise you will have to rely on the starter battery. I know the cfx range have say found that so you draining the battery, but I there's still a risk you could take to much out to start the Caravelle.
Plenty of room under the front seats. Quite ready to do, I did it on my calendar 0 Caravelle.

Thank you i will take a look at the Waeco cfx 35. Problem seems to be that there isn't as much room under the bed at the rear as I thought there would be!

Thank you i will take a look at the Waeco cfx 35. Problem seems to be that there isn't as much room under the bed at the rear as I thought there would be!
It's the bar running across the middle that knocks a couple of inches off.

Good example half way down this thread

Webasto fridge and full sliding rack.
Fridge is excellent.

247e2929-478a-4026-b93e-26fb0f3502dc-jpeg.34230

Back