Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 leak

Vincent123

Vincent123

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Just come back from a very wet Yorkshire Dales and disappointed to report the van leaked quite badly from the elevated roof.
The rain did not breach the canvas but seems to have got in via the 'trough' the scissor mechanism sits in.
The van was parked very slightly down hill and we experienced water dripping down from the offside rear corner, over the rear passenger heater controls and on to the seat.
Even more alarming was a second leak dripping through one of the lights over the sliding door.
Just booked the van in for investigation but the dealer (Preston) have never seen this fault before.
Anybody else had something similar?

Many thanks

The drainholes beeing stuck with dirt and moist can give waterinfiltration from the roof , when it has been up in the rain only.

But the places you discribe it seems very hard coming from there.
There do is kit used in some parts near the roof mecanism in the roofgutter , visible when the roofs is up , could be coming thru there , if it is a new van ...dealer issue ...but not a plesant thing
Keep us posted on what it caused please?

If it rains hard enough I suppose the drain holes won't be able to cope with the amount of water and the trough will fill up and over flow into the van, still that's the British summer for you!

I suppose its comming from the sliding door. Was the door Open while it was raining a longer Period? The water is then on top of the door. If you close the door without whiping the water off. After a few minutes the water is dripping inwards. Had this experience with our T5 Comfortline last year!

First day when collecting the Beach I slept with roof up through hail and thunderstorms etc, rocking the van from side to side. No water at all through the roof.
Your car must be defect.

Back