Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 Leisure battery / charger location

G

green_machine

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi all,

I’ve gone through the numerous posts on this but reached a bit of a dead end. First time posting and appreciate any help.

I have a 2017 T6 Beach with extended 5 year manufacturer’s warranty on ordering… due to expire imminently.

Found the leisure battery is not charging on hookup. (Awkward!) RCD is on and 3 point socket inside works on hookup. I have a cigarette lighter voltmeter plugged into the rear sockets which shows battery charging when engine running but no change when on hookup.

Fairly convinced it’s a loose connection between RCD and charging unit, but understand the charger is in an awkward place under the sliding window in a Beach?

Van has been into VW commercial dealership twice without success. First time in September nothing came up on the diagnostic machine and the technicians ‘we’re not trained on Californias’. Awaited instructions from VW technical before would diagnose any further due to it being a warranty claim. No response within a few days so collected van and waited to arrange a return visit.

Took back this week. Dealer had the van all week and claimed to have fixed it, saying it was a blown fuse. However after experimenting and running an electric coolbox all night (on hook up) battery drained down. No sign of it being fixed.

Where exactly is the charger in a beach? Is it under the sliding window? Is there any other way of verifying the charger is at fault/not connected properly (like in other ocean/coast reports where the ‘kettle connector’ isn’t fully plugged in)?

Wondering whether it’s worth the hassle of trying a 3rd attempt (and all the inconvenience associated with that, given the dealership is not nearby). Concern is if the panels need to come off, if they’d ever go back on the same but also feel this should be resolved before warranty expires. I have very little confidence in the dealership after two wasted trips so far though

Back