Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 Ocean new, electrics help !

L

Lesley54

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
We went to look at the California and within a week we had bought the showroom demo. So thrilled, we bought it Thursday and we are going on our first trip today.
I have been reading the forum for hours, so much good advice. Still can't get my head around the electrics though.
The two pin socket by the kitchen unit behind the passenger seat , our travel adapter will not fit in to make a 3pin socket.
Also our came with a lead for hook up with a two pin plug at one end , what is that for ?
Where do you plug in kettle, toaster, microwave etc if we use one, on the hook up ?
Tried reading the manual, still not clear.
Thanks in advance !

Hi the 2 pin socket under the flap behind the passenger seat is an inverter socket that means it will convert 12v leisure batteries from dc to ac 240v but only for low wattage appliances upto a max of 150 watts you will need a euro triangular shaped adapter. So when of grid you will need a kettle that goes on the gas hob when on hook up use the 3 pin plug by the kitchen for your kettle,toaster etc

We went to look at the California and within a week we had bought the showroom demo. So thrilled, we bought it Thursday and we are going on our first trip today.
I have been reading the forum for hours, so much good advice. Still can't get my head around the electrics though.
The two pin socket by the kitchen unit behind the passenger seat , our travel adapter will not fit in to make a 3pin socket.
Also our came with a lead for hook up with a two pin plug at one end , what is that for ?
Where do you plug in kettle, toaster, microwave etc if we use one, on the hook up ?
Tried reading the manual, still not clear.
Thanks in advance !
@Calikev has already explained about the Inverter socket. The short lead with a 2 pin Euro Plug and a large Blue socket is an adapter lead for your Mains Hook-up Lead for use on some European sites - those that have not upgraded to the more common system using the big Blue plugs. You will also need the equivalent UK version that ends in a UK 3 pin plug if you want to plug into a domestic UK socket at home. Both just plug into the Plug on the end of your Mains Hook-up lead when required.

Thank you both so much, now I understand. When we asked the dealer he said it was for this country, thank goodness we have all the other leads, adapters etc.
When you are given wrong information it is so confusing.
So excited, a dream come true !

Thank you both so much, now I understand. When we asked the dealer he said it was for this country, thank goodness we have all the other leads, adapters etc.
When you are given wrong information it is so confusing.
So excited, a dream come true !
Numpty Dealer/Salesman. Obviously never been camping/caravaning. Where do they get them.:headbang:headbang

Hi the 2 pin socket under the flap behind the passenger seat is an inverter socket that means it will convert 12v leisure batteries from dc to ac 240v but only for low wattage appliances upto a max of 150 watts you will need a euro triangular shaped adapter. So when of grid you will need a kettle that goes on the gas hob when on hook up use the 3 pin plug by the kitchen for your kettle,toaster etc
Oh, I know I am going to feel stupid asking this, but where is the 3pin plug by the kitchen, it alludes me !

It is on the end of the kitchen unit behind passenger seat

846.jpg

Oh no we have a problem ! We are not hooked up to electricity yet and every time we turn on the cool box , it switches itself off, yet we have 90% battery left.
We have food in there !
Any advice please.
Try plugging the Coolbox into the rear 12v socket or the one in the drinks holder under the rear bench seat nearest the sliding door.
Does the Coolbox have a Shut off voltage setting? If so set that to Medium or Low.