Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 Optional Extras: Storage Net (QE6)

Kevin&Becci

Kevin&Becci

One year in and loving it.
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
Just starting to build our spec for a T6 order. Does anyone know what the storage net is? It is quoted at £150. Many thanks.

Just starting to build our spec for a T6 order. Does anyone know what the storage net is? It is quoted at £150. Many thanks.
The storage net goes above your head where the shutter moves back and forward for the bellows, the idea is to stop the bellows falling on your head when you lower the roof and used as a storage net when the roof is in the up position.

The problem with using it as a storage net is that you need to empty it and move it back out of the way to get into the roof bed.

Thanks Duckling, sounds like an unnecessary expense. Excuse my ignorance, I guess the bellows in the rooftop sleeping area? If so it would certainly get in the way if the children are clambering up there.

Thanks Duckling, sounds like an unnecessary expense. Excuse my ignorance, I guess the bellows in the rooftop sleeping area? If so it would certainly get in the way if the children are clambering up there.

Yes the bellows is the fabric of the roof when In the up position, yes I agree that it is a pretty unnecessary option and it will just get in the way.

We have the storage net and find it pretty useful. Our son sleeps up top and has books, pyjamas etc in there, you can still get up top no problem. This came with the extra sliding storage drawer under the main sliding bed seat, which is also v. handy.

We have it and find it great, Kids put all there gear in it which keep it out of the way, the more storage the better in such a small habitat!. also inadvertently holds the canvass up nicely when shutting the shutter too which is helpful.
We also got the extra drawer under the seat which is one of my Wifes favourite option as it such a useful size.
Well worth the £150 IMO

We have it and find it great, Kids put all there gear in it which keep it out of the way, the more storage the better in such a small habitat!. also inadvertently holds the canvass up nicely when shutting the shutter too which is helpful.
We also got the extra drawer under the seat which is one of my Wifes favourite option as it such a useful size.
Well worth the £150 IMO

+1

I've added this to my Ocean order, the extra drawer comes as part of the option. We found it useful when we've hired before. You'll be surprised how much stuff you can chuck in the net when the camper is setup for the night

+1

I've added this to my Ocean order, the extra drawer comes as part of the option. We found it useful when we've hired before. You'll be surprised how much stuff you can chuck in the net when the camper is setup for the night
Hi, so if you pay the £150 for the net are you saying the drawer comes with it?

That storage net sounds one of the better option ideas that come with the T6.

Somewhere to put clothes for the following morning, instead of on one of the seats, stuff loaded on the back parcel shelf that needs to be shifted for bed time, the odd bag of shopping that needs to be shifted off the floor to make up the downstairs bed, definitely a must have for me next time.

I know some folk have done it on here but how's the best way to retrofit the extra drawer to a t5.1 Cali? Where's the best place for the parts?

Also - any pics of the storage net?

Thank you everyone for this reply. We have never had a van before so this has really helped. Can imagine when you are set up somewhere for a few days it makes sense to have extra storage. The way we are going we will end up with all the optional extras :thumb

IMG_1138_zpsgv4xkfch.jpg

IMG_1116_zpszfrumnbb.jpg

Thanks for posting :thumb I'll be on the phone to my local dealer to order today...... assuming you van retro fit the draw?

Probably a daft question...if I don't have this option, is there then a 'hole' beneath the seat? Could this be used for transporting skis?

Cheers Quinster. I don't suppose anyone has a photo of the 'hole' and its dimensions please? Just wondering how many skis I could get in there. Would the bed still go down ok with them in it?

Skis might be too long unless you allow them to protrude into the kitchen area. I put my fishing rods in there. They are 3 piece beachcasters and a tripod. ( if that means anything to you).
I'll send a photo when it's back from A B Crush (roof repair).

Missing my fishing trips.

Skis might be too long unless you allow them to protrude into the kitchen area. I put my fishing rods in there. They are 3 piece beachcasters and a tripod. ( if that means anything to you).

Thanks Robo. I fish too put only with fly rods which don't take up much space. Good luck with the roof repair. Any photos will be useful please.

Thanks Robo. I fish too put only with fly rods which don't take up much space. Good luck with the roof repair. Any photos will be useful please.

Back