Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 Optional Extras: Storage Net (QE6)

Just wondering how a storage net and an extra drawer under the rear seat can be related. I asked our dealer and he said the extra drawer was standard on the Ocean. We ditched the storage net on this advice. Now I'm worried that we are not going to get the extra drawer which would be very handy obviously. Have just emailed dealer again. We are getting ours delivered in a few weeks so it is too late to do anything about apart from have a good whinge at the dealer. Anyone not ordered the storage net and got the second drawer in the Ocean?

Hello Folks
I particalary did not want that option , as I would lose the capacity
to move long items as you would lose the "ski hatch", not that I ski
but for me the van would be 90 percent home-work- and 10 percent
leasure...(the cali will be our only car)
the ski hatch is very handy for moving planks etc .when doctering the house
(wich never stops really.....:-(...)

Just wondering how a storage net and an extra drawer under the rear seat can be related. I asked our dealer and he said the extra drawer was standard on the Ocean. We ditched the storage net on this advice. Now I'm worried that we are not going to get the extra drawer which would be very handy obviously. Have just emailed dealer again. We are getting ours delivered in a few weeks so it is too late to do anything about apart from have a good whinge at the dealer. Anyone not ordered the storage net and got the second drawer in the Ocean?
Can't help on that John but I wouldn't worry. Deliberated myself as I can still opt for it. Decided against as you may gain small amount of storage but lose ability to store long items beside standard drawer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Anyone not ordered the storage net and got the second drawer in the Ocean?
John - I ordered neither and got neither (although you may read in another post that my dealer thinks the safety net is the storage net). I ordered early September, built early Jan and delivered 1st March, so unless options have changed since then I expect the drawer / storage net is not standard.

We find the net and drawer very useful, the odd occasion we might need to carry something long and thin it goes from the front cab between the seats.

John - I ordered neither and got neither (although you may read in another post that my dealer thinks the safety net is the storage net). I ordered early September, built early Jan and delivered 1st March, so unless options have changed since then I expect the drawer / storage net is not standard.

Looks like we got duff advice then. It makes little sense to me that your order the storage net and they chuck an extra drawer into the deal. The brochure is really unclear, just say storage net.

Looks like we got duff advice then. It makes little sense to me that your order the storage net and they chuck an extra drawer into the deal. The brochure is really unclear, just say storage net.
Yep it was a rubbish description but my point was not a big error in the great scheme of things. Yep any storage is useful but I suspect you could add one if you had to in fact someone was selling one on here not long ago. Enjoy

The T5 brochure did state net and drawer whereas the T6 brochure only mentions storage net, strange.

The T5 brochure did state net and drawer whereas the T6 brochure only mentions storage net, strange.

I've got an email from the dealer when we were refining want we wanted and he says that the extra drawer was standard. Am not convinced. Seems that between customers, dealers and VW that some of the options and the ramifications aren't clear. It's only a drawer I know but when you're spending ÂŁ60k on a vehicle you can be a bit picky.

Reactions: wyn
I'm not convinced either, @AlisonF didn't get one, any otherT6 owners shed any light on this?

I've not got mine yet but I researched it and I've seen enough to know. It is not standard! I agree it is not good enough but it ain't as bad as swivel gate!

Mike

I've not got mine yet but I researched it and I've seen enough to know. It is not standard!

Mike

Cheers. Not the end of the world but bloody annoying. Any extra internal storage would be handy.

Cheers. Not the end of the world but bloody annoying. Any extra internal storage would be handy.
You can order the parts and fit it yourself if it is too late for your order.

Ordered in October, we ordered the storage net as an extra. Both the storage net and safety net present. We didn't order an extra drawer but under the 2 seats is a large drawer and small drawer, are these the drawers you are referring to?

Ordered in October, we ordered the storage net as an extra. Both the storage net and safety net present. We didn't order an extra drawer but under the 2 seats is a large drawer and small drawer, are these the drawers you are referring to?
Yes, the small drawer was an extra that came with the storage net.

Dealer confirmed that second drawer does indeed come with storage net. Will live with it and have asked about retrofit. Anyone done this and is it something the owner can do with a screwdriver and a spare hour or two? From what I read on the forum as well the second drawer goes back a lot further into the rear storage behind the back seat so it might be swings and roundabouts.

Dealer confirmed that second drawer does indeed come with storage net. Will live with it and have asked about retrofit. Anyone done this and is it something the owner can do with a screwdriver and a spare hour or two? From what I read on the forum as well the second drawer goes back a lot further into the rear storage behind the back seat so it might be swings and roundabouts.
if you are a VIP, you can look in the downloads/how to guide's on this forum and see what it takes to fit the extra drawer, and you will see full instructions with photos. its a good read.

You can still use the space as the front panel just pulls up and swivels down.

From what I read on the forum as well the second drawer goes back a lot further into the rear storage behind the back seat so it might be swings and roundabouts.
No, the small drawer is slightly less than than the large drawer that has the tool kit on the back, so no extra intrusion into the boot area.

IMG_1138_zpsgv4xkfch.jpg

IMG_1116_zpszfrumnbb.jpg
Thats not the same net that came with my T6 Beach ?? - mine is primarily a safety net so i assume there are two types of nets that fit into this space. My net can act as storage but it is too big and cumbersome to take on trips - unless you have young children to safeguard.

Thats not the same net that came with my T6 Beach ?? - mine is primarily a safety net so i assume there are two types of nets that fit into this space. My net can act as storage but it is too big and cumbersome to take on trips - unless you have young children to safeguard.
All Calis come with the safety net to stop pillows and children slipping over the edge of the upstairs bed, the net in the pic is fitted to store bedtime book, pyjamas, phone etc.etc. and comes with the extra drawer as part of the storage net/drawer extra.

Back