Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Table rattles

oilydavid

oilydavid

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
When stowed away the table rattles because the top hinge brackets are not held tight in the guide channel.. Do the rubber bushes wear away.. has anyone managed to get replacements or come up with a fix other than wedging the table?

When stowed away the table rattles because the top hinge brackets are not held tight in the guide channel.. Do the rubber bushes wear away.. has anyone managed to get replacements or come up with a fix other than wedging the table?

Is it engaging on the lower pin?

As per Snowy55, if it's not properly engaged at the bottom it will rattle. It's too easy to slide in with the pin on the wrong side of the catch.

Where is this lower pin?

Mine rattles for England unless I push it home hard.

It's hard to describe without showing you; basically there is a pin at the "leg" end which slots in a hole but unless you push the table inward slightly toward the fridge as you slot it home it has a tendency to miss and the table can then move slightly with a very irritating rattle. :headbang

Shine a torch down and check where yours is ending up, it's not easy to see though.

.... BTW this rattle is often the cause of a slight domestic disturbance in our van, with each blaming the other for not slotting it home. It usually ends up with the radio being turned up so we can't hear it :D

Ooh, this is news to me. Didn't know there was a pin!! Mine is always wedged.

Back