Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sliding table wheels - do that have rubber O-rings?

WaikatoCalifornia

WaikatoCalifornia

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
Does anyone know if the little wheels under the sliding table in the T6 Ocean have rubber o-rings on them? I am pretty sure there are supposed to be, but want to check. My local VW dealer thought I was a madman when I called, but I am in New Zealand and there are perhaps only about 50 Cali’s in the country, so I suppose they have no experience!

The wheels on mine aren’t worn out at all, but even after tightening up the wheel screws from below with an allen key, the hinge end of the table is still a bit wobbly, and it rattles when stowed. I have experimented by putting some suitably sized o-rings I found in my shed on the wheels to see if it would improve things, and thankfully it has. But they‘re not perfect so clearly not the right size, and I was wondering if anyone knows the correct specs of the OEM ones? Mabye a photo of the o-ring beside the wheel if anyone has a new one they don’t mind dismantling? Thanks!

Hello @WaikatoCalifornia , yes it does have rubber o-rings.

PXL_20220825_082114870.jpg

It will still be a bit wobbly to enable it to move, but the rubber o-rings just make it smoother to move.

When I get a moment later in the day, I will try and get a pic of the o-ring ... it seems to be a pretty thin one.

Hi kurienp, thanks for that photo - very helpful. Mone (which is ~4yrs old) definitely doesn’t have rubber o-rings like that, so they must have perished or snapped and popped off. I actually put the o-ring I experimented with on the narrower “waist” part of the wheel … not realising that the OEM o-rings sat on the outer rim. I feel like a bit of an idiot now that I see where it is supposed to go, but it did help! Thanks too marchugo for your post/photo.

You had me concerned there until I checked. Table rail is of a different design on the T6.1, with just the single channel. :thumb

Back