Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Replacing kitchen tap

Moonlight Motel

Moonlight Motel

Vehicle
Grand California 680
Hi
Just wondering if anyone has replaced their kitchen tap in a 680. Ours has given up the ghost. Have ordered a new one and am wondering how to go about actually replacing the tap. Does the sink need to be removed and if so how? Any specific tools that I need?

Any help or suggestions would be really appreciated

Thanks

John

My husband replaced ours. He did not remove the sink- just the 2 drawers below it. You need to do some acrobatics to get your hands in there and such- but doable. I hear that if the dealer replaces they do remove the sink. We replaced ours ourselves due to the van being out of warranty and we knew it was the microswitch issue. The new replacement tap has a larger fitting, so the biggest challenge is enlarging the hole in the metal sink. Thankfully our neighbor is a metalworker and he assisted with the right tools for the job.

There is a post on the forum titled

TAP FOR KITCHEN SINK AND WATER PUMP​

that has more details and I shared some pictures from our install.

Hi
Many thanks for the response. I will have a look at your other post. Unfortunately whe. I do the work my neighbours are likely to be other campers!! We are travelling for the summer until September and our van never comes home - we store it wherever our travels finish each year.

I am fkyibg home to Ireland next week to see
Family and will collect the tap from the dealers. I will bring some tools back with me

Thanks again

John

Back