Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Tap stopped working

tim downes

tim downes

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Hi the tap on my 2017 Cali has just stopped working ie no action or noise when turned on - has anyone any thoughts on where to start looking please (other than the dealership) many thanks Tim

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most likely a fuse.

These are the ones under the passenger seat.

0ca9043df40e34f6dadf68b57ca9f47d.jpg

Mike

My pump got replaced under warranty last year when the tap stopped working (2016 Cali). Sometimes the failure is with the microswitch in the tap.
There are lots of threads on here about tap failures...

There is a post somewhere on here about wiggling the top of the water inspection bit (in the bottom of the wardrobe). My tap stopped working and just by trying to investigate and trying to open the screw bit, which I couldn’t do but my tap did start working again, so just a wiggle seemed to do the trick. Worth a try!

Try a search and lots of tips. As said first suspect is the fuse as shown. Tap microswitch under the tap and behind the drawer. Try shorting out the switch or wires to see if the pump runs. Do you have shower connection. Does the pump run from there. If not try banging the tank or filling and emptying again. Other than that you will have to access the pump under the lid in the wardrobe. You will find it tight and may need to make a tool to undo it. Sometimes the pump is just stuck.

Mine did the same and it was the pump.
Ordered a new one of the forum shop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most likely a fuse.

These are the ones under the passenger seat.

0ca9043df40e34f6dadf68b57ca9f47d.jpg

Mike
Thanks Mike - unfortunately my fuse panel looks nothing like the picture you kindly supplied - nor does it look anything like what is in the manual !!
Thanks for your input though Tim

Try a search and lots of tips. As said first suspect is the fuse as shown. Tap microswitch under the tap and behind the drawer. Try shorting out the switch or wires to see if the pump runs. Do you have shower connection. Does the pump run from there. If not try banging the tank or filling and emptying again. Other than that you will have to access the pump under the lid in the wardrobe. You will find it tight and may need to make a tool to undo it. Sometimes the pump is just stuck.
Thanks very much I hadn’t thought to try the shower that should help narrow it down - thanks again Tim