Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Temporary seat covers

C

CaliHerts

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
We recently purchased a new Beach Edition and we’re not quite ready to spend hundreds on quality seat covers. We’re also debating buying jackyards which will take a few weeks to be made. With holidays fast approaching we need to get some interim covers to protect the seats from our small children.

Can anyone recommend any relatively cheap <£100 covers for a three seat bench with two captains chairs? A lot of what I’ve found online doesn’t seem to be compatible due to the bench.

Thanks in advance.

Sorry, I’ve only just seen a similar thread from March this year so I’ve found some useful information there.

However if anyone has come across any good covers from places like Aldi or Lidl recently then please let me know.

It’s the bench I’m mainly struggling with.

Inka appears to be out of stock at the moment for what we need.

We recently purchased a new Beach Edition and we’re not quite ready to spend hundreds on quality seat covers. We’re also debating buying jackyards which will take a few weeks to be made. With holidays fast approaching we need to get some interim covers to protect the seats from our small children.

Can anyone recommend any relatively cheap <£100 covers for a three seat bench with two captains chairs? A lot of what I’ve found online doesn’t seem to be compatible due to the bench.

Thanks in advance.

We just lay microfibre towels over our Beach seats. Supposed to be temporary but still there after 15 months.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Thank you, I hadn’t thought of a microfibre towel and that could be a good solution for us as the bench often has car seats on it.

How good are you with a sewing machine?

We were in a similar position needing a rear bench cover to match the fronts we had.

I have been hugely impressed with these below for the price but (knowingly) we had to alter/improve/tailor them a bit and do some mods/sewing to fit. They are a two piece which is essential.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Heavy-Duty-Grey-Waterproof-Car-Seat-Covers-Rear-seat-covers/132686979536?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Result was for under £20 and a few hours a rubberised/nylon cover that fits (nearly!) every bit as good as genuine ones we have had before.

We cut to size to remove excess material tripled this over and put in a new double hem all round to allow a nylon drawstring, added a tab at the top to keep this tight, cut slots/holes for seatbelt fitting and reinforced these with nylon webbing straps. Also added a reinforcing patch at the bottom corners where the drawstring pulls.

IMG_5324.JPG

IMG_5325.JPG

IMG_5326.JPG

IMG_5327.JPG

IMG_5328.JPG

Last edited:
We are using the waterproof covers that came with our beach - I think people sell them on here so you might be able to get some cheap enough, depending on your car seat you can use them if you don't require isofix.

If you need isofix bear this in mind when ordering your new covers.
750f82187787f431af142348960dc488.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

We just lay microfibre towels over our Beach seats. Supposed to be temporary but still there after 15 months.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
I took my waterproof covers off the front seats, too sweaty! Now use big microfibres towels from Aldi.

Wow - great job. I’m not too bad with a sewing machine but time isn’t on my side at the moment. This could be a good winter project. Thanks for sharing.

How good are you with a sewing machine?

We were in a similar position needing a rear bench cover to match the fronts we had.

I have been hugely impressed with these below for the price but (knowingly) we had to alter/improve/tailor them a bit and do some mods/sewing to fit. They are a two piece which is essential.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Heavy-Duty-Grey-Waterproof-Car-Seat-Covers-Rear-seat-covers/132686979536?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Result was for under £20 and a few hours a rubberised/nylon cover that fits (nearly!) every bit as good as genuine ones we have had before.

We cut to size to remove excess material tripled this over and put in a new double hem all round to allow a nylon drawstring, added a tab at the top to keep this tight, cut slots/holes for seatbelt fitting and reinforced these with nylon webbing straps. Also added a reinforcing patch at the bottom corners where the drawstring pulls.

View attachment 35738

View attachment 35739

View attachment 35740

View attachment 35741

View attachment 35742

Annoyingly we didn’t get covers with our new Beach but I will keep an eye out for these covers - thank you.

We are using the waterproof covers that came with our beach - I think people sell them on here so you might be able to get some cheap enough, depending on your car seat you can use them if you don't require isofix.

If you need isofix bear this in mind when ordering your new covers.
750f82187787f431af142348960dc488.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I don’t have a Beach but I think it’s universal enough to recommend, if it’s temporary. We have two kids 5 and 9, we use a fleece blanket as temporary seat covers.

DD28FEF2-0F86-492D-A178-BE408EAB2673.jpeg

Easy enough to extend fully over the seat or just use as in the picture. I also use it to cover the seat while cooking and it copes with minor spillage but sure takes fat, chocolate and all that really nasty stuff.

We’ll probably get Jackyards or original seat covers in the long run. But who knows, blankets maybe good enough and are still multifunction items.

I don’t have a Beach but I think it’s universal enough to recommend, if it’s temporary. We have two kids 5 and 9, we use a fleece blanket as temporary seat covers.

View attachment 35811

Easy enough to extend fully over the seat or just use as in the picture. I also use it to cover the seat while cooking and it copes with minor spillage but sure takes fat, chocolate and all that really nasty stuff.

We’ll probably get Jackyards or original seat covers in the long run. But who knows, blankets maybe good enough and are still multifunction items.

Is that a rug or a carpet its lovely looking !

The fleece blanket works but I find a waterproof backed fleece picnic rug is more effective with little ones and cooking spills. Cheap too if you shop around.