Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Test driving Cali 180 DSG Sat 15th Oct

John

John

VIP Member
Original post Ron

We going to our local VW dealership for a test drive tomorrow afternoon.

Undecided on colour -- natural grey or silver although sand beige sounds nice.

If anyone can post some pics of their sand beige cali that would be very much appreciated?

Possible spec includes;
180PS DSG 4 Motion
Alcantara/leather
Awning
Privacy glass
Parking sensors (rear only available on 4 Motion)
Cruise control
Metallic paint

Climatronic auto climate control -- £700
Electric side door -- £295

Original post andy

Hi Ron

As well as a test-drive I would suggest hiring one for a weekend & go camping in it to make sure it 'fits' you & your family.
The electric side door is great, one I hired had it, useful when shopping. But it bleeps when you close it & on a campsite at night it sounds very loud. Has been commented on on FB. No one has come up with a viable way to switch it off but I am sure it could be done with the VW computer.

There are pictures of my Sand Beige 180 DSG in the photos section

http://vwcalifornia.proboards.com/index ... &thread=43

Also a couple more on photobucket here

http://s1132.photobucket.com/albums/m57 ... alifornia/

Sand Beige is a strange colour, was not my 1st choice but as it is ex demo I had no choice.
It seems to change colour depending how the light falls on it.

Hope this helps you.

Andy

Original post Ron

Thanks Andy for your your help. Your Cali looks lovely by the way.

All the best,
Ron

Original post mark

Ron,

We had the same decision issue between sand biege and silver..went for silver in the end ! Goodluck with the decision.

Original post jules

Our existing Cali was a demonstrator and had the electric side door. To be honest we would never had added this to an options list. Having had it we wouldn't be without it and it was top of our options list when we ordered our new Cali. Very useful and very cool.

Original post californiaman

We have a 180 DSG. The dealer let us take their demo for a long weekend with a 300 mile limit.

We have the electric side door that was highly recommended by a non-forum Cali owner. They are great and much safer if you have any small people around..

Original post california180

We have had a 180 DSG only since 26th September and I'm still smiling.......the DSG box is just SUBLIME

Orignal post andy

I have to agree with California180 about the DSG. It is my first automatic personal vehicle, drive auto truck, & it is brilliant with very smooth gear changes.

Original post Martin

I totally agree, if you can afford the extra for the DSG it is well worth it, I would never consider going back to manual.

Original post Ron

Having driven a Cali DSG today I'm convinced the DSG box is the way to go. Unfortunately, the 180PS version wasn't available on demo today
However, the 140PS I drove is smooth and responsive but how will it drive up steep hills fully laden with three/four people, all the camping gear, bikes etc etc?
More decisions to make