Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Who's ordered a T6?!

According to the November price list you do need to specify if you want a rear heated window, with wiper and washer system since this is a no cost option

Buyers beware and if you have not yet specified this I suggest you contact your dealer tomorrow without delay!

This of course seems to be absurd but I am afraid nothing surprises me with VW Das Auto!

When we ordered ours in August, a heated rear window meant no double glazing.

Forgot to add that Ocean states: "Door mirrors – electrically heated, adjustable and folding"

For Beach and Ocean the December brochure states: "Heat insulating glass with green tint in cab and living area"

Also states for Ocean: "Double-glazed fixed side windows to near-side and off-side rear"

According to the November price list you do need to specify if you want a rear heated window, with wiper and washer system since this is a no cost option
Unless myself and treecity are mistaken the choice is double glazed rear window or heated rear window not both. Has always been the case.

Unless myself and treecity are mistaken the choice is double glazed rear window or heated rear window not both. Has always been the case.
That's my understanding too

Hi both - thanks for your observations - I guess we will all find out soon enough when they arrive - hope it all works out for you guys :cool:

Did you know you lose the spare wheel in lieu of the 18" - is this a problem? I am considering the same option and trying to square any possible negatives

Yes you do lose the spare, but I'm not overly concerned to be honest. For me the 18" set will be on only 7-or-so months of the year. Happy to take a punt on the foam spray, should I get a puncture.

I am however planning on buying 5 x steel wheels/winter tyres towards the end of 2016, so should have a proper spare during the colder months. This is based on the current assumption that I'll still have the ability to carry the spare underneath I should add. Hope VW don't do any penny pinching there.

If you're going for a 2WD Cali, you might be able to buy your 4 x 18" alloys & carrying one spare steel & tyre underneath, for the sake of getting you home or to a repair garage. The forum members will correct me if mixing the wheels/tyres like this for short duration on 2WD is not advisable.
You should not consider the above (mix & match different rolling radii wheels/tyres) if you are going for 4motion.

Good luck with your van & option decisions
Cheers

Thanks Tommy, seems like a plan covering all options and pretty much thought that if I do get a puncture I would always call the AA rather than attempt to lift 2 tons on my own and get mucky doing it! hah! So will proceed ordering the Springfields and looking good with a spare steel under for emergencies that the puncture kit cannot fix!

Why not just carry one or two puncture fix on can? Since I hate RFT tires on my BMW I have used that solution atleast once, works perfect.

What's the spec with the glass on this one? All the glass looks very light and the tailgate glass looks much lighter than the 'rear'. Is it just an illusion with the photo?
It's privacy glass. May just be the photo. Not sure.

It's privacy glass. May just be the photo. Not sure.
Hi Davey - i have ordered a yellow beach with privacy glass too (as you may recall) - from your pics the tint does seem light - you say it might just be the photo ?. are you happy its dark enough for privacy ? did you opt for fog lights ? - do you have a front on pic ? thanks

Hi Davey - i have ordered a yellow beach with privacy glass too (as you may recall) - from your pics the tint does seem light - you say it might just be the photo ?. are you happy its dark enough for privacy ? did you opt for fog lights ? - do you have a front on pic ? thanks
Hi Tim,
I'm quite happy with the tint (after 20 mins viewing!). Hard to take it all in when you're in a car compound with lots of vans all around. I'll attach another pic.

dave

IMG_4444.jpg .

I think the reason the tint looks light in the first photo is just because the windows are directly in front of a very bright white sky and there are no surface reflections on the viewing side.

I think the reason the tint looks light in the first photo is just because the windows are directly in front of a very bright white sky and there are no surface reflections on the viewing side.
the tint is lighter on my new t6 compared to my t5 vw must have changed the tint grade

I was wondering why my final invoice had "WLAN" on it with a price (which was then removed at final amount). So did a search in the forum and found this thread. So, if I'm correct it now seems I have WiFi which I hadn't ordered but is part of the Navigation Plus... Ooh heavens another whole load of IT stuff I need to get my head around...

Back