testing the system

Skylark2.0

Skylark2.0

The adventure with Starlight Expess begins
Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Well, it's blowing a hooley, raining horizontally and a Hymer just got towed off our camping field after getting stuck in the mud. On the plus side we went for the 4motion, the heater is keeping us warm, drying our wet cagouls out and the roof is ok so far. Fingers crossed.

Where abouts are you?
We are at Seahouses, Northumberland. The Cali is rocking in the wind but it is sunny and we can see the sea from our pitch.:thumb

Tip toeing through the tulips (in wellies) nr Amsterdam. Finally got set up for the night, all 3 of us for the first time!

We survived last night but it maybe even stronger tonight. We've swapped pitches to a bigger hedge behind a building. Cali ok to Beaufort furce 10. Gusts to 50 mph tonight. Some very friendly German Cali owners on their first trip too. Safety in numbers?

I survived 82mph gusts in Scotland, mean 60mph,

The Cali will rock and roll but as safe as a rock. Amazing performance. I did have the advantage of being only me, so was able to drop the roof.

Which site are you on in Amsterdam Skylark ? Cornwall shares your pain ...

al

Koningshof. We've been realising that there's a good reason there are lots of windmills... Seems so blooming obvious now :oops:
All quiet at the moment. Hope we don't have to drop the roof. It'll be 3 in the downstairs bed! Skylark is so wonderful. Squeezing into car spaces for cheap parking, a touch of warmth for our picnic (Gouda from Gouda) :Dthen next minute sqeezing onto an unanticipated ferry (ok, we thought it was a tunnel:embarrased). Loving it!

Oh what a night. Driving rain, howling wind and our boy, remarkably, just a bit damp. Bone dry now the heating has been on. I love German engineering :thumb

Reading these posts make be feel jealous lol

I love camping in poor weather, nothing better then being tucked up in your van with a nice cup of tea and the weather howling outside.. maybe I'm just strange:embarrased

I'm presently reminiscing camping at North Morte Farm, Devon on top of the hill in a Splitscreen with a Dormobile roof.. wind was crazy and I thought the van was going to topple over till we put the roof down..

Last edited:
I'm currently on the island of Borkum as the storms have stopped work at sea for now. The winds have been horrendous today so wish you luck a little further down the coast.

The west coast of Kintyre was intersting last night. I could hardly stand in the wind. We have had every type of weather every 15 minutes today.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

The west coast of Kintyre was intersting last night. I could hardly stand in the wind. We have had every type of weather every 15 minutes today.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Know the feeling. In between train and bus we had to retire to a bar for tea until a shower passed.
Can't believe the wind has got stronger. Felt a bit like Mary Poppins a gust ago...
Lurving it though

Back