Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

That smug feeling

Degrees of smugness - about Minus 27.5

I was turning out early on Wednesday to take someone to the airport, leaving the house at 0700 which is VERY early for me so got wrapped up and went outside to put the heating on in my Cali (no working remote). When I nipped out again five minutes later it had turned itself off, so I started it up again but the same happened. It's been suggested that there wasn't enough fuel in the tank, but when I checked AFTER the 35 mile airport trip the tank was quarter full - would that be low enough to stop the heater working?

Thanks, I'll do that.

Degrees of smugness - about Minus 27.5

I was turning out early on Wednesday to take someone to the airport, leaving the house at 0700 which is VERY early for me so got wrapped up and went outside to put the heating on in my Cali (no working remote). When I nipped out again five minutes later it had turned itself off, so I started it up again but the same happened. It's been suggested that there wasn't enough fuel in the tank, but when I checked AFTER the 35 mile airport trip the tank was quarter full - would that be low enough to stop the heater working?
The fuel gauge is not that accurate. Could be a fuel or electrical power.
Be aware that after a few failed starts the electronics go into lockdown mode.
I would fill up and then try when plugged into the Mains.
If that works then try with the Mains disconnected.

Back