Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

That warm and fuzzy feeling

GrannyJen

GrannyJen

Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
Every time I'm packing Alfie up I get a warm and fuzzy feeling.

It's not just anticipation of the trip: excitement of destinations new: feelings of "get-away" and "escape." It's almost an intimate feeling of being together, My Alfie, my cocoon, my self-contained survival module, my shelter.

It's something so special to a camper, something I never had in all my caravans or motorhomes and definitely something I never had when packing a suitcase to jet off somewhere exotic.

Packing now to go away and just looking at Alfie gives me tingle. I know he's just metal, moving parts, interior equipment and a rotting roof but he's something special,

Am I just nuts? :shocked

happy wandering, buon viaggio!

Thank you :)

Just a busy couple of days:

Southampton in the morning, then off to Taunton and stopping over at my favourite cider farm and dinner with a friend in the evening.

Wednesday first thing and Alfie is having his solar panel fitted by @Roger Donoghue then lunch with a friend before popping over to see some friends in the evening.

Then back home Thursday to start preparing for an 8 day get-away the following Wednesday!

Sometimes I get that feeling, mostly when I have like 5 days to pack. I always seem to forget stuff and put them in the wrong place. We have quite a large area dedicated to our Beach camping stuff but somehow items are removed and used for other stuff. Then my warm feelings are out for a while until I find them again.

It's not just anticipation of the trip: excitement of destinations new: feelings of "get-away" and "escape." It's almost an intimate feeling of being together, My Alfie, my cocoon, my self-contained survival module, my shelter.

It's something so special to a camper, something I never had in all my caravans or motorhomes and definitely something I never had when packing a suitcase to jet off somewhere exotic.

Packing now to go away and just looking at Alfie gives me tingle. I know he's just metal, moving parts, interior equipment and a rotting roof but he's something special,

Not at all! I was very attached to van no 2 and mourned it when I traded it on. Only had van no 3 for a few months but I'm falling in love all over again!

Packing is one of the great joys of a Cali. For me it is mainly the journey, not the destination.

Went to Muasdale (Kintyre) and Crinan for weekend and weather was two extremes 6th torrential rain 7th brilliant sunshine. Both days enjoyable as the California made life comfortable and warm. Brilliant to drive and excels as a self contained tourer. Glad I could cook in the dry on the 6th.

6sept19.jpg

7sept19.jpg

My partner keeps getting “warm and fuzzy”, but that doesn’t seem to related to the Cali!:oops:
Short circuit in the electric blanket?

Went to Muasdale (Kintyre) and Crinan for weekend and weather was two extremes 6th torrential rain 7th brilliant sunshine. Both days enjoyable as the California made life comfortable and warm. Brilliant to drive and excels as a self contained tourer. Glad I could cook in the dry on the 6th.

View attachment 50112

View attachment 50113

Oh that feeling of being in a cocoon whilst the weather plays hell.... it can do what it likes when all fuzzy and warm inside a Cali.

I'm currently parked up a few miles from the border having driven 370 miles North from the South coast today. I'm tired, I've just had a lovely dinner in a lovely Britstop and of course a couple of glasses of wine. I left the pub and it was cold.... now I'm inside, bed made up, heater on, just reading my notes for tomorrow (University of Glasgow Medical school...... a research study that I'm a guinea pig for)... and then it's to bed.

A most pleasant run when I got here, 2.5 miles up some hills just to get the blood moving after being still for so long, beautiful views over to the lakeland fells, Blencathra looking splendid .... 5 star location, 5 star Britstop, 5 star driving experience up and now a 5 star contented sleeping experience courtesy of a most magical vehicle.

Goodnight Alfie, thank you for looking after me today ...... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Last edited:
Back